prologue

── •✧• ──

── •✧• ──

It was the year of 1991. As usual, the chatter in the great hall was loud and joyous, all the students chatting about what they had done during the holidays and what they would do during the current year. Laughs and smiles were exchanged from every house, ranging from the warm hue of orange and red to the neutral colours of blue silver.

At the staff table, Dumbledore sat, stroking his white beard. His half moon glasses sat on his nose as he surveyed the students. The new ones would be coming in soon. Almost as he had predicted it by second, Mcgonnagall pushed open the doors to the great hall, the small first years following behind her, eyes wide at the magnificence of everything.

Once they had made their way to the sorting hat, the head of gryffindor pulled out a list of names in alphabetical order and started to call them out.

"Anderson, James."

"Allen, Mona."

"Bennet, Vienna."

A small collective gasp echoed from the Gryffindor table. Cardan Bennett punched Fred and then George on the arm, excited to see his sisters sorting. The two twins grinned at him, excited to meet their best friends sister.

"Gryffindor!"

They all roared with happiness as the brunette girl made her way over to the red and yellow table, a bright smile on her face.

"Granger, Hermione."

Also Gryffindor.

"Malfoy, Draco." Slytherin.

It went like that until, "Potter, Harry."

Gasps echoed around the room. Everyone knew the story of the boy who lived. He went up to the stool and it took the sorting hat a good chunk of time to finally sort him into Gryffindor. The cheers became so loud that Mcgonnagall had to cast a charm to silence the lions.

The food appeared on the plates and bowls, and everyone ate. They laughed, talked, smiled, prepared for the the new year.

And so did Dumbledore. With everyone too preoccupied with their own things, nobody noticed the headmaster scanning the table sections which contained the first years, eyes twinkling in a malovent manner.

He had six days. Six long days to satisfy Fiona's desire.

── •✧• ──