Stage Two

❝Stop talking in riddles for fucks sake! I just want to know what's going on

Stop talking in riddles for fucks sake! I just want to know what's going on.

── •✧• ──

"Glad to see you finally awake." Said a voice.

Vienna groaned as she sat up, registering that for the first time in weeks she was on a remotely comfortable mattress. She looked around in panic, her eyes landing on a blonde girl who didn't look much older than her. The room they were in wasn't by all means royalty, but it was an update from the cell which she had been kept in for weeks. Maybe now she wouldn't be treated like a prisoner.

"Who are you?" She asked skeptically. The girl sighed and leaned back.

"Clara Cooper."

A strangled gasp left Vienna. Vickys best friend. And she wasn't dead. Meaning that they could try to find a way out and escape and tell everyone where they were being hidden. They weren't lost hope. But the longer she looked at Clara, she wondered if they weren't lost hope. The girl looked exhausted and her face was beat up.

"I take it you've heard of me." Clara mumbled.

"I knew Vicky. We were sort of friends."

"Vicky." Repeated Clara. "How is she?"

Vienna nodded sadly. "She's as good as someone can be, I guess."

"What's your name?"

"Vienna Bennet."

"Cardan Bennet's sister?" Clara asked, tilting her head to the side when Vienna nodded. "Interesting. You don't seem half as insufferable as him. Although, it's not like you've said much since waking up."

"Sorry." She apologised. "Just processing yesterday......."

"Yesterday? You've been asleep for almost three days."

Vienna sighed sharply. "Right." It made her wonder how much time had passed. Was it Halloween yet? Or had Halloween passed? Maybe it was nearing Christmas? Her parents were definitely worried. And maybe Cardan. Thinking about Cardan sent a shiver down her spine. Seeing his body and looking into his eyes as she killed him..... or at least she thought it was him..... until he faded into black fog. "Clara?" She asked.

"Yeah?" Responded the girl. "What's Stage Two?"

A loud bang sounded on the door of the room and Clara winced. "You're about to find out. Good luck, Vienna."