Day Four

❝ Maybe we could drag the body?❞

Maybe we could drag the body?

── •✧• ──

"Bennet, your detention is scheduled with Hagrid at eleven." Mcgonnagall had told her earlier, during lunch. You'd think that the strictly enforced curfew Hogwarts had, would make sure that students would do detention at a normal time of day, not during an hour until midnight.

Wrong.

Vienna had almost scoffed in the woman's face, but stopped herself just at the right moment. She nodded and excused herself, leaving to the rest of her lessons in a sour mood.

She and Allie had paired up in potions so by association, Vienna was also under Snape's wrath. Especially after the night he caught her in the dungeons after curfew. He seemed to have it in for her, and she's 100% convinced that he supplied her with a fault cauldron during todays lesson. Her potion had leaked all over the floor, accidentally burning Goyle in the process. If you were to ask Vienna, she would say that the goon definitely got into the potions way just to make Snape take even more points away from Gryffindor.

As usual, Cardan was being a dickhead. He wasn't speaking to her after she threw the book at him, claiming that she had 'bruised his precious skin'. She had been sure that she didn't throw it too hard, but Cardan had always been too dramatic for his own good. He was probably over exaggerating his injury. The most that book could've left was a red mark. Fred and George came over the next morning to congratulate her on the throw, talking down her ear about her 'impeccable aim' and how she had to 'teach them throwing techniques'.

Vienna shuddered just thinking about what they could use 'throwing techniques' for.

As of right now, she was making her way down to detention. The corridors were quiet, the sound of her footsteps ricocheting through them like bullets. Her thoughts consumed her mind like parasites, the quiet atmosphere only fuelling their intensity.

"Bennet." She heard. Her head snapped to the sound, eyes locking on Hagrid's figure. Beside him, stood a Ravenclaw girl she recognised from her own year and a Slytherin boy from second year. "Okay, we have everyone, let's go, Hunter, Rigby."

Hunter and Rigby fell in line next to her and the four of them walked down to the ground keepers hut, watching their feet to stay stable on the uneven dirt and rocks. At Hagrid's hut, they stopped.

The giant man turned to them. "We're going into the forest." He told them.

Vienna's mouth almost flew open in shock. The forest was forbidden. Hence the name, the forbidden forest. And to have students serve detention in there during night? Yeah, it was probably a discouraging technique used to scare students into behaving. Clever, she had to admit.

"It's.... We can't do that!" Exclaimed Hunter, her mouth open in shock. "What if we get eaten by a creature?"

"That's why 'yall have these." Hagrid said, passing each one of them a dagger. It was five inches at most, and the rubber grip had started to chip away. "Protection. Happy?"