Epilogue; Day Seven

❝I'm finding my sister

I'm finding my sister. I don't give a single shit if Dumbledore will expel me in the process.

── •✧• ──

It was midnight and Vienna was nowhere to be seen. Allie glanced down at her watch impatiently, tapping her foot on the floor. Vicky had been on the third floor for over half an hour by now, and it was time for the two first years to go join her. But where was Vienna? It didn't seem like the girl to ditch a plan which she had constructed down to almost every single detail. And she wasn't ever late, so why now?

Something bad had happened said a voice in her head but she immediately drowned the thought. Vienna could very well defend herself.

It was ten past midnight. Vicky would start worrying and would do something stupid if she didn't go up now. With one final glance around, she sighed and stepped onto the moving stairs.

── •✧• ──

"Allie." Hissed Vicky. "You're late. Where's Vienna?"

Allie shook her head. "I don't know! She never showed up."

A crash sounded not too far from the two girls. They met eyes for a second, before sprinting wherever their legs took them. They hid behind a large crate, holding their breaths.

"Rascals, I say. Absolute rascals." Echoed Filch's voice. His footsteps came closer and closer, until they stopped. "What is it, Mrs Norris? Do you smell something?"

A meow way too close for them almost caused Allie to jump. A small gasp left her mouth as she felt some sort of nail digging into her back.

"Ah! I hear it now! Come out, rascal!"

Two glowing yellow eyes and a hiss. The cat meowed again. Filch came running after the sound, his eyes widening when he saw the two girls. An evil smirk grew on his face. "Oh goody. Two new expulsions. I can't wait for Dumbledore to see this." He grabbed the girls collars and hoist them up, dragging them after him. "We did it, Mrs Norris."

── •✧• ──

Hermione went down to breakfast on her own. She couldn't find Vienna anywhere, not even after asking around for her. She didn't want to jump to conclusions or fear the worst, but something was off. She could feel it. It had been a week, and was the brunette girl a victim? Hermione shuddered just thinking about it.

At breakfast, she passed Cardan. An idea struck her and she paused, tapping him on the shoulder. He lifted his eyes, red and bloodshot.