Ranks Of Judgement

❝I'm a tortured soul?! You're the one torturing me!❞

I'm a tortured soul?! You're the one torturing me!

── •✧• ──

Waking up with a sharp electric current through her body would definitely be ranked lowest in the many strange ways Vienna had woken up by in the past few months. The band on her wrist was buzzing uncomfortably and sending a current through her body, making everything tingly.

She had shot up in her bed, but Clara seemed to be calm as she got dressed. "What's happening? Why is it doing that?"

"Calm down, it's an alarm clock."

Vienna scoffed. "What a nice way to wake up every morning."

"You get used to it." Was all Clara said. The two remained in silence all the way through a guard escorting them to breakfast and all the way through breakfast itself. There was nothing to talk about. Especially not out of the comfort of their room. They would probably get a bullet in their head and that was the last thing Vienna wanted. After pushing the green sludge down her throat, she was escorted to The Instructors office again, where the woman was sitting behind her desk.

She raised her eyebrows when Vienna came in. "Guard, you can stay. This won't take long."

The guard nodded and closed the door, leaning against it. Vienna walked forward, closer to the desk. She was biting the inside of her cheek, as her green eyes stared into The Instructors blue ones.

"Bennet."

"Instructor."

"We're taking you to training today. Grab that." She pointed to a sword which was hung up on the wall.

Vienna grabbed it, feeling the hold metal of the handle dig into her skin. She observed it, seeing her reflection in the metal of the blade. "Why?" She asked. "Why are you doing this? Why can't you just, oh, I don't know, stop!"

In one swift movement, The Instructor was out of her chair and stalking towards Vienna, rage present on her face. Before Vienna could defend herself, a swift kick was delivered to her abdomen. She was sent flying back, hitting her head on the ground. Stars danced in her vision.

"We do not tolerate ungratefulness. Take her to the lockups."

The guard grabbed Vienna. A primal instinct to fight back surged through her veins, leaving her body to act without her brain thinking. Her fist swung forward, smashing into the guards nose. He jolted back with a grunt of pain. Before she could do anything else, The Instructor came up next to her and grabbed both sides of her head, smashing it into the ground.