weak

MATURE CONTENT AHED | 18+

RUHAN

I tried to stop her, but she wouldn't listen. Keeping my distance to avoid hurting her feet, I watched as she continued walking until she reached our bathroom and shut the door on my face.

"Open the fucking door!" I banged on it, frustration and worry mounting. Why was she acting like this?

I could hear her whimpering in pain, but she wasn't responding to my pleas.

"Please, just open the door, Khushi. This isn't funny please!" I urged firmly.

My attempts to reach her were futile. She wasn't letting me in, despite knowing she was in pain. It was maddening. She was driving me crazy.

"Beta, please open up. What's going on?" my mom intervened, her concern evident.

"This has nothing to do with any of you. I'm sorry, but I won't open this door until Ruhan is in the room," Khushi finally replied.

"I didn't listen to her, Mom. She tried to get me to rest, but I just kept working. This is why she's punishing me," I admitted, feeling guilty for my actions.

My mom shot me a disapproving look.

"But what's wrong with that, Mom? I said I'm fine, so why do you keep pushing me to rest? I DON'T WANT TO REST... I WANT TO WORK!" I slammed my hand against the door in frustration.

"Everyone, leave. This is between me and my wife," I commanded, my tone leaving no room for argument.

Though they protested, they eventually left, knowing there was no stopping me.

"OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR KHUSHI!" I shouted, my patience wearing thin. 

I was done now. With one final blow, I tried to break the door and the door gave way.

"Where are you?" I yelled as I stormed into the bathroom.

I heard a sharp clink as a piece of glass hit the floor, prompting me to rush towards the sound.

There, I found several sizable pieces of glass, each one coated in blood. My heart raced as I turned my gaze to her feet. The sight was worse than I had imagined.

She didn't even spare me a glance, solely focused on removing the glass from her injured feet.

"Let me," I growled, moving to kneel in front of her.

"Don't you dare touch me, Ruhan!" she shouted, her face flushed with anger and frustration.

"You enjoy this, don't you? Ignoring my wishes and doing whatever you please because you think I'm weak. Because you think my words hold no weight. You yell at me for not following your commands, yet you didn't even bother to listen to me when I begged you to stop working," she sobbed, her breath hitching with each word.

"You know I'm vulnerable, that's why you do it. You know I'm physically helpless compared to you, that's why you do it. You know I can't do anything about it, that's why you do it. Don't you?" she questioned, her voice trembling.

"I want you to leave, but I know you don't care about what I want, so you can do whatever you want," she declared, wiping away her tears before resuming the task of removing the glass shards.

I didnt realize what I was doing to her when I acted this way. I felt guilty.

"Come on, Ru, come with me," I heard Sid's familiar voice behind me. I turned to see him gesturing for me to follow.

"Come," he repeated, and I watched as Suhani entered the room.

Turning back to Khushi, I realized it might be better for Suhani to be with her right now rather than me. So, I planted a kiss on her head and quietly left the bathroom.