From bad to worse

Summary:
Wei Wuxian couldn’t stop himself from screeching with excitement. "JIANG CHENG, ARE YOU ENGAGED NOW?”

Jiang Cheng shook his head, before he smirked. "No. You are.”

‟Wei Wuxian, you idiot, you really did it this time! Did you know that Lan Qiren has asked dad to come?” Jiang Cheng all but yelled as he approached the stone path where Wei Wuxian was currently kneeling as a punishment for all the troubles he had caused earlier.

Wei Wuxian smiled in his shidi’s direction, before he waved the stick he was currently holding around. A stick he had used to disturb an ants nest earlier. Because disturbing bugs was fun. Very fun. ‟Did shijie come too?”

‟Of course not! If that had been the case, she would probably already be here to baby you, punishment or not,” Jiang Cheng retorted with a sigh as he rolled his eyes and he crossed his arms over his chest.

‟Aiya Jiang Cheng, you are just jealous because I was able to punch the Peacock first,” Wei Wuxian announced smugly. ‟It would have been glorious if he had ended up with both of his eyes black.”

Jiang Cheng nodded in agreement. ‟I was about to punch him too, but fucking Lan Wangji got in the way first,” he added with displeasure, before he pointed a menacing finger in his shixiong’s face. ‟Still, stop talking about Lan Wangji for a second and listen carefully. Things are dire.”

Wei Wuxian, who had never liked to worry about anything in his life, ever, tried to mess up with his shidi by poking him in the ribs with his stick for a few more seconds.

Yet, a glare from Jiang Cheng’s part forced him to stop what he was doing and to listen to him seriously for once.

His shidi truly did seem a bit worried…

Wei Wuxian pouted. ‟Fine! What happened with Jiang-Shushu then?”

‟The worse,” Jiang Cheng added mysteriously, before he stopped talking at once; the annoying bastard!

Wei Wuxian rolled his eyes, before he let out a laugh. ‟I get it. I guess it’s time for me to pack my bags and to go back to Yunmeng already, is it? I’ll miss Lan Zhan, but I’ll be certain to eat more of shijie’s soup on your behalf.”

Jiang Cheng all but sneered at him. ‟Well, it’s even worse than that! I’m still shook about it and it’s been a few minutes already.”

Wei Wuxian quirked an eyebrow at him, urging him to go on.

What a tease!

‟Sect Leader Jin was asked to come here too and him and dad just discussed about A-Jie’s engagement to the Peacock. It's off,” Jiang Cheng stated.

Wei Wuxian let out a sigh of relief. ‟At last! Although, I don’t understand why you said this was bad? She deserves so much better!”

Jiang Cheng let out an annoyed groan. ‟Shut up for a minute, won’t you? Of course I don’t mind A-jie not marrying the Peacock!  She will be sad about it, but there are still plenty of nice cultivators in the cultivation world for her to marry. I think. ”

Wei Wuxian shrugged.

To his eyes, no one was worth his shijie, but this was a discussion for another day.

‟After they called the engagement off, Sect Leader Jin said that it would be better for the relationship between their two sects if there was still an ongoing engagement between the Jiangs and the Jins,” Jiang Cheng continued as Wei Wuxian began to figure out just what his shidi was about to say next.

He couldn’t stop himself from screeching with excitement. ‟JIANG CHENG, ARE YOU ENGAGED NOW ?”

Jiang Cheng shook his head. ‟No, you are.”

Wei Wuxian’s expression suddenly changed from delighted to horrified. ‟WHAT? TO WHOM?”

Jiang Cheng let out a sigh. A long sigh. ‟Do you remember Jin Zixuan’s cousin? Not Jin Zixun, but the other one?”

Wei Wuxian shrugged. ‟No idea. Their names are all the same and they are all unworthy pieces of trash. How am I supposed to remember any of them in particular?”

‟Well, congratulations Wei Wuxian, you are now engaged to Jin Zixing,” Jiang Cheng announced sarcastically.

Wei Wuxian almost choked on his own saliva. ‟Jiang Cheng, surely you won’t let me marry a Jin? And a cousin of the Peacock, nonetheless?!”

Jiang Cheng shrugged. ‟ Better brace yourself for a spring wedding.”