This is fine

‟Wangji, I am happy to see you here,″ Lan Xichen declared as soon as he joined his brother in his room.

Not that it truly was a surprise to find his little brother in his own room, when Wangji spent most of his time either in there, at the Library Pavilion or at the Lanshi; but still, Lan Xichen was relieved to see him there, busy playing the same song he played each and every single day lately on his qin.

‟Mn,″ Lan Wangji replied as he tilted his head politely in his older brother’s direction, his hands deftly moving on the strings of his instrument still.

‟Didi,″ Lan Xichen continued as he sat on his heels in front of him. ‟I’ve got something I would like to discuss with you.″

Lan Wangji quirked an eyebrow at him. ‟Mn? ″

Lan Xichen began to fidget with the fabric of his outer robes. ‟You already know that Wei-gongzi and Jin-gongzi got into a fight earlier?″

“Mn,″ Lan Wangji replied, still playing.

‟Well, Shufu asked Sect Leader Jin and Sect Leader Jiang to come to the Cloud Recesses so he could talk to them. While they were here, they discussed about a few interesting things together.”  Lan Xichen cleared his throat. ‟The wedding between Lady Jiang and Jin-gongzi has been cancelled.″

Lan Wangji nodded dutifully, his hands still moving on his qin.

Gossiping had never been his forte.

“Another match between the Jiangs and the Jins has been made instead,″ Lan Xichen continued, chuckling slightly out of nervousness.

‟Mn?″

Lan Xichen cleared his throat; not ready to talk about this specific topic already, but unable to see any way out of this conversation either.

After all, it was better if he was the one who told Wangji about it before their shufu.

He was a tad bit more compassionate.

‟It will be between a cousin of Jin-gongzi, Jin Zixing, and Wei Wuxian. They are supposed to get married next spring.″

‟Mn.″ For a second, Lan Wangji’s fingers stopped moving on the qin.

Xichen gasped.

But then, Lan Wangji acted as though he hadn’t heard anything out of the ordinary; as if his life plans hadn’t been absolutely shattered by this new turn of events.

Which was somewhat puzzling.

To say that Xichen was surprised was an understatement.

The two brothers even managed to exchange a few mundanities, before Lan Xichen decided to leave his little brother alone and to return to his sect leader duties.

In the end, their conversation had gone way better than he had expected it to.

♬♩♪♩

"Married to a Jin, you say? Which one? I thought they were all blatantly homophobic?″Nie Mingjue inquired, frowning at his boyfriend with whom he was discussing in the comfort of the Hanshi.

"Me too. But I guess this obscure cousin was okay with marrying Wei-gongzi in the end,″ Lan Xichen replied with a shrug. "I mean Wei Wuxian is not bad looking. Although I like my men bulkier, if you know what I mean,″ he added with a wink, before he leaned forward and he gave his boyfriend a kiss on the lips; their conversation interrupted for a while.

"And how did Wangji take the news, considering what you’ve told me about his obvious infatuation to Wuxian?″ Nie Mingjue asked a few more heated kisses later.

"Not too badly. I’ve been quite impressed,″ Xichen said as he poured his boyfriend a cup of tea. ″After all, there isn’t much we can-″ he began, before a Lan disciple rushed inside the Hanshi, rapidly bowing to them in apology.

Nie Mingjue and Lan Xichen exchanged a curious look.

"Zewu-jun, someone broke at least three magnolias so far and a dozen more trees were slashed in half in the back mountains,″ the disciple said, out of breath and looking slightly panicked.

Lan Xichen closed his eyes, before he took a deep breath and he dismissed the disciple.

"Maybe Wangji didn’t take the news all that well after all,″ Nie Mingjue said with a smirk.

Xichen sighed. This was fine.

♬♩♪♩

Nie Huaisang wasn’t a fan of banquets in Lanling, but he never said no to his Dage when the latter asked him to accompany him there either.

The food was good even though the company was rather poor; and today, three days after the shocking news that his best friend was now engaged to a Jin, Nie Huaisang was ready to collect as much information as possible about Jin Zixing so he could solve the matter and fast.

After all, he had weddings to plan.

True weddings; and this ridiculous arranged marriage between Jin Zixing and Wei-xiong was but an inconvenience. An insult to his unparalleled matchmaking skills.

Which was how Nie Huaisang ended up sitting with some of the Jins, while his older brother, poor him, was stuck with Sect Leader Jin and Sect Leader Yao for at least a few more hours.

Fragrant wine had just been served, when Nie Huaisang decided that now was the time to find out who Jin Zixing really was.

At least, the latter was rather good looking, which most certainly was a plus.

He had broad shoulders and sharp features and he too seemed not to be able to sit properly; just like Wei-xiong.

‟Hahaha I don’t know. I really don’t know. I’m not planning on getting married any time soon,” Nie Huaisang said, a bit too loud, as he hid his face behind his fan, while a servant was pouring him some more wine.

The servant in question quirked an eyebrow at him, but remained silent, probably wondering why Second Young Master Nie was talking about weddings when all she had asked him was if he wanted more wine or not.

Rich people and their weird quirks…

Jin Zixun, who was always scowling, glanced at him with curiosity, before he turned his attention toward his cousin, Jin Zixing.

‟Are you seriously going to marry that Wei Wuxian?” He sneered.

Jin Zixing shrugged. ‟Why not. Shufu said it would help the sect if I did. It might even help Zixuan in the long run,” he added as he took a sip of wine.‟Plus, getting married won’t prevent me from bedding anyone else. Look at shufu.”

‟Yes, but Wei Wuxian is a man,” Jin Zixun added, absolutely disgusted by that fact alone.

Jin Zixing shrugged, undeterred. ‟Tiny waist, ass fat. Silky long hair. He’ll just need to shut his pretty mouth more often; and if he doesn’t, I have just the thing to shove down his throat in order to do so,” he declared as all around them people began to laugh.

Even Jin Zixun smirked, while Nie Huaisang continued to fan himself.

Jin Zixing was a real piece of trash: confirmed.

"Congratulations! It seems this wedding is auguring well,″ Nie Huaisang commented with a tilt of his head.

"Not gonna lie, Shufu’s money is a big incentive too, ″ Jin Zixing added as he smirked in his direction. ‟The only thing that could prevent me from marrying Wei Wuxian, was if he was ugly, but of course he’s not and if he wasn’t honorable anymore. After all, who wants used goods to warm their bed?″ he added, before he finished his cup of wine and asked for a refill.

Nie Huaisang nodded as the conversation turned to another topic.

So, Jin Zixing was fine with marrying Wei Wuxian only if the latter hadn’t bedded anyone else first?

Fine.

This, Nie Huaisang could work with.