Ask Zewu-jun

‟I am terribly sorry Shufu, but I really need to leave now. I have some urgent sect matters that I need to discuss with Sect Leader Nie,” Lan Xichen told his uncle, just as he was about to leave the Hanshi. ‟This truly cannot wait,″ he repeated, before he closed the door behind himself, muffling Lan Qiren’s reply.

It was a little past the curfew by now, but after all, there were some privileges that came with being the Lan sect leader and secretly meeting your boyfriend at the Cold Spring after 9.00 pm was one of them.

A few minutes later, he leaned against one the magnolias that overshadowed the way to the Cold Spring and waited.

Of course, he didn’t need to wait all that long for Nie Mingjue to show up and he was pleased to see that his boyfriend was only wearing his outer robe tonight.

Fantastic.

“Sect Leader Lan, what a lucky coincidence to see you here, ″ Nie Mingjue said innocently, before he closed the distance between them and he pressed a soft kiss on his boyfriend’s lips.

Lan Xichen snorted as they parted, before he linked their hands together and smiled. "Truly fortuitous."

A few minutes later, still holding hands, the couple reached the Cold Spring; the air pleasantly warm on this autumn night.

‟Sect Leader Nie, I think that you should remove your outer robe now,” Lan Xichen told his boyfriend teasingly as soon as they reached the spring, before he bit his bottom lip and he began to untie his own sash.

Finally, finally, things were going well!

At last, they would be able to kiss and makeout.

Well, until they heard a discreet cough coming from the far end of the Cold Spring, that was.

‟Wangji?” Both men exclaimed as they spotted who was already soaking in the icy cold water at once.

‟Mn,” Lan Wangji replied as Lan Xichen let out a sigh. A long sigh.

No, seriously, this was fine.

♬♩♪♩

‟He’s here! He’s here,″ Nie Huaisang gushed out loud as soon as Wei Wuxian appeared at the breakfast table the next morning.

Of course, Jiang Cheng had a dark expression on his face and he scowled even more at the sight of his shixiong.

‟Wei-xiong, we’ve kept you the most comfortable chair for your sore ass,″ Nie Huaisang added cheerfully and Jiang Cheng’s expression darkened even more. "Now, I want to know everything.”

Wei Wuxian’s cheeks flushed almost instantly.

He took a spoonful of rice, before he cleared his throat.‟Nothing happened; he went to my room and he looked at me once, before he ran away.”

‟Well, seems to me that Lan Wangji has more sense than I thought that he ever had,″ Jiang Cheng grumbled, looking somewhat more cheerful now.

‟Shut up, Jiang Cheng,″ Wei Wuxian pouted, before he continued to eat his breakfast in silence.

‟You shut up,″ Jiang Cheng argued as he tried to give his shixiong a slap behind the head; Wei Wuxian dodging him fast, before he tried to do the same thing to him.

‟He left?″Nie Huaisang mumbled, unheard by the bickering siblings. ‟Not on my watch.”

♬♩♪♩