In Safe Hands

It's the late 1800s.

There is an ongoing war with the East and the West.

The East has their traditions. The Monarchy, being the main thing that separates them from the West, who are nothing short of.. Unruly.

The civilians of the East love their royal family.. Well, most of them do.

It is this minority of traitors that gave the King enough reason to keep his nation safe using other means. His Wardens.

There are two races that live among these nations. Humans, and Wardens.

For centuries, Wardens have lived and worked alongside the East in peace, however the rogue West and their Assassins have forced the Wardens into hiding.

Innocent lives have been lost at the hands of the West, slaying those who speak against their methods of culling the Wardens from civilisation. Their cruel trials, forcing those to somehow prove their innocence in sick games that only end in death. 

Many people hide in fear, for those who are not even gifted can still meet the end of the road at the hands of the Wests Assassins.

The King of the East becomes weaker the more the West encroach on their land. 

Only the Wardens can truly make a difference, but is this a fight worth risking their lives for?