Sandcastles

We walked out of the music room and Taehyung parted ways with us, going to his room.

"How old are you, Jisung?" I queried as we took a seat in the living room.

"Oh, I'm 23.. But I was born in 1655." He smiles like it is completely normal.

"So.. Two hundred.. and twenty three?" I hesitated, and he nodded hesitantly at my clarification.

"When were you born?" He then faces me, but his smile slightly dropped as he sees the face I'm making at him.

I bit my lip. 

Why does it feel weird being born from this century?

"1855." I quickly confessed, and Jisungs mouth was agape.

"You're a literal baby!" He exhaled in a mixture of shock and excitement.

"Taehyung was only born in 1850!" I exclaimed, and he revelation made him flop backwards on the sofa.

"It's just us two from this era though. I have no idea who the oldest is.. But I'm sure it's not you.." I tried to soften his panicked expression. Someone's clearly touchy about his age.

"Do you want some tea?" I grimaced at him in a bid to change the topic of conversation, and he nods while pouting at me.

I rush off the chair into the kitchen, putting a large pot of water on the stove to boil. I remembered that Rita said if I am to make tea, to make enough for everyone. They wont catch me slipping.

I looked down at my feet, and I could see a dusting of sand on the floor.

Where has that come from?

I bring in the tea pot and then walk to the cupboard for some teacups, and then I see another little pile of sand near the unit.. Like a tiny sand drift.

What on earth?

I bring over the cups and Jisung notices my confused face.

"What's up?" He quizzes.

"Nothing, there's just sand in the house-"

"Sand!?" Jisung shoots to his feet in excitement.

"Uh.. Yeah." I quirk my brow at him.

"Get another cup!" He beams at me, and as I get up and enter the kitchen, I hear some chatter suddenly in the living room again.

I walk back in the room to see who it might be..

"Oh goodness, do you not have clothes?!" I gasped, almost dropping the tea cup, as I am blinded by the sight of a very scantily clad man

He looked over to me.