The Newcomer

Jung Kook and I got back to the house, and an unfamiliar coat was hung up in the hallway.

We looked at each other before we entered, Jung Kook giving me his usual weary look.

As we got into the living room, we were met with a new face.

"Hi." I spoke, being the first to initiate a conversation, and I was greeted with a welcoming smile.

" I spoke, being the first to initiate a conversation, and I was greeted with a welcoming smile

"Hi. I'm Jisung." He got up to shake my hand.

I wasn't sure if he was a Warden or not, but he seemed friendly, so I hoped it was okay to be talking to him.

Jung Kook didn't hang around, patting my back gently as he walked away, subtly nodding to Jisung. Maybe he knows him?

As he left the room, Rita came running from down the stairs, clearly having been sorting something in a hurry.

"Ah! Y/N! I see you've met Jisung! He is our latest resident. You're no longer the newcomer." She giggles, standing in between us, panting as she gets her breath back.

"Jisung is our resident bat banshee. He uses echolocation as naturally as seeing and hearing. A really special gift, in my opinion, and he has a piercing screech that can paralyze his targets." 

I raised my eyebrows at Jisung as Rita explained his gifts, and he gave me a bashful smile.

"You've had the low down on the other residents,  so I'll let you get settled, but you know how to get a hold of me if you need anything, Ji." Rita smiled again, then waved at us both as she exited the house.

"So.. Jisung." I started, taking a seat opposite him, smiling.

"Y/N. I've never seen you around?" He gives me a quizzical look, and I just awkwardly giggle.

"I've been kept within my home most of my life.. Do you know the other Wardens?" I asked him, and he gave me a small apologetic look, before smiling and nodding to my question.