Weaknesses

After breakfast, I sat myself near the lake.

I don't know why I came to this spot exactly, but it just felt like I needed to

I don't know why I came to this spot exactly, but it just felt like I needed to. Like it was calling me.

The water looked pretty deep.

I shimmied myself to the edge of the bank and I dropped my feet inside.

There were small fish swimming around my feet, almost like they were greeting me.

I turned back to look at the house, and I spot a figure standing in the window looking back at me.

It was too far away to tell who it was, but I didn't really care. They don't know me. I'd be the same way if a stranger suddenly moved into my home.

After some time, I went back into the house. I couldn't see anyone at all, so decided to have a little snoop around.

There were loads of old portrait photos on the walls, and they were all caked in dust.

Maybe I could do some cleaning? 

I went into the kitchen to look for some cloths, and I found a wooden carrier of various containers and scrubbers.

I opened a jar of white liquid and took a small sniff.

"Ah, white vinegar! These must be the cleaning products." I beam to myself, then look around the room to see if anyone witnessed my open excitement for finding them.

Cleaning is therapeutic, and among painting and gardening, is all I did growing up.

I opened a tin and found a paste. I put my finger in it and it felt just like a bicarb scrub. There were two other tins in the carrier, one with beeswax and the other with 'bon ami general cleanser' painted on it.. This'll do the trick.  

I grabbed some cloths and a tub, and then got to work, removing the portraits carefully off the walls.

This place very clearly has been missing a maid. I don't mind helping in this way, though. If I'm to live here, I want to live in a clean house.

I spent all day cleaning the living room. I didn't realise just how mucky it was, and how many bloody feathers there were hiding in the nooks and crannies.

Hoseok came through the front door and let out an excited gasp at the work I had done.

"It smells so nice in here!" He beams, then running to admire the lack of dust on all the ornaments.

"It needed a good scrub. It's not perfect though. I think we have wood rot in that corner.." I point, and Hoseok frowns at me, rushing over to the problem area.

"Where's the forest fae when you need him." He mutters, then gets up to give me a hug.

"Thank you, Y/N." He exhales, and I smile to myself.