✓ Chapter 24 ✓

🌹

Nifemi's POV

Life will always happen at it's own pace and sometimes you have to let go and forgive the people that hurt you both in the past and in the present.
Got home from school i showered and got into some comfy clothes.
I acted as though nothing happened today; just keeping my cool.
It was time for dinner and everyone seems to look so happy except for Queen Rahila who happens to hate me for no reason.

"Hey Nife how was your first day at school today"
Asked aunty Eliana, Rahila's mom while taking a sip of her orange juice.

"Well not that bad as i have thought it would be; met couple of nice people and the school was okay and i think i can fit in easily"

I said looking at Rahila to see her reaction and yes she gave me that weird look asking me to shut up.
We were all done having dinner everyone using their mobile in the sitting room while the TV was on with a Man-untied match my uncle was watching before dinner.
I saw Rahila heading back to her room then i quickly followed her.

"Hey Rahila can we talk i literally cried today because of how you made me feel my first day at school was all messy;
you should have at least pretend but no you are just wicked i don't know what's your problem for real"
I spoke but got no response in return, i have to do something or rather i will just be on my own i don't need anyone and i don't expect anything from anyone.

I was about laying on my bed when i got a message from Ruby;
it's been a while since any of my friends spoke to me. I had thought everyone was avoiding me for real.

Ruby: Heyy best
Me: Best for real?
Ruby: come on what's wrong!
Me: it's okay since you all forgot me.
Ruby: my parents took away my phone for months.
Me: okay; I'm now at Rahila house, you know her right my cousin.
Ruby: oh yeah you were saying something before moving out.
Me: girl it's hell in here, both school and all moreover today was my first day at school.
Ruby: huh! Ehmmm wow!!
Me: yeah
Ruby don't worry all will be fine.
Me: I hope so too
Ruby : got to go my mom just came back.
Me :Go girl; take care.Byee
Ruby :you too. Byee.

Nifemi!!!!!

I could hear my name from the bathroom it's her again.

"Yes What's the problem"? I asked trying to open the door.
"What's your problem Nifemi how many times will i tell you not to put your stuffs close to mine huh"?

"Excuse you what stuff are we talking about here darling"

"Your clothes in my laundry basket"
"Oops mistake so sorry"
I said leaving the handle of the door; but i wasn't sorry for a bit she came out and gave me her usual look.

"Nifemi so tell me something; Where you going to be a spoilt kid all your life at least try to change a bit, try to act like every normal kid in Nigeria"

I try to adjust myself on the bed i turned to look at her then i tried to speak but the words refused to come out of my mouth.
Immediately she started speaking again using a very deep pidgin accent.

"Come oo this girl shey dey do you for village with all those pinky things"

After hearing all this i stood up grabbed my phone and went out of her room,
i was feed up with Rahila and i think i'm done here.
I tried calling my parents but their numbers were all busy but what should i do now?
i think i will move out of this room for peace of mind.
I was in the sitting room with aunty Eliana i tried to speak to her before i could say a word she called my name saying.

"Nife how are you getting along with the whole thing happening right now"
I didn't respond i was still trying to process her question then stood up saying

"Aunty Eliana i think i will be moving out today"

I said looking away from her maybe she's thinking about something i knew nothing about as well she seems to be shocked i quickly said again.
"Well i meant i want to move out of Rahila's room,
i could probably share her sister room until she's back for the holidays"

"Phew òmò mi you scared me a bit; haha i was wondering where my little miss want to move out to but no worries you could take the other room since no one is there for now"

Yay finally i would be Free from my cousin's daily scene; she can have her room to herself.

"Thank you ma'am"

I said and quickly rushed back to Rahila's room to start moving my things to the other room.
As i opened the door it seems she was asleep so i bothered not to say a word to her again.

I struggled my suitcases out of the room then she finally spoke.

"Awww look who's moving back home"

I pause a bit then smiled saying;
"We get better from here Rahila i'm in the other room so you can have peace of mind"

"Osheye òmò oyinbo ni"

She just spoke a bit of Yoruba to me and then laughed but i walked out of the room without responding.

I managed to clean the room and give it a little touch, it seems Rahila's sister doesn't come back home for holidays often because this room is really messy and unkept.

I was still doing some cleaning when i got a text not just one but countless my phone kept vebrating until i took it from the night stand. Gosh is from my mom what a surprise at first i got really emotional for this because i felt really trashed like no one cares about me.

My mom : Hey sweetie, my éwa ayabà ni
My mom: I have missed you so much.
My mom: Hope you are okay?
Me : how can i ever be okay mom,you and dad literally dumped me here for no reason.

My reply went but no response after a while she saw my message and read it but didn't get back to me or reply it either.

Anyway i don't really care about them, dumping me here shouldn't be a big deal i will find my way out and try to be my own kind of happiness.
Finally i was done cleaning i shower then scroll down social media and
check out new update after that i took out my school books i tried to grab something into my head but unfortunately nothing was entering my head so i went back to bed and try to sleep forgetting everything that happened today generally i hope i do have a great time at school tomorrow though.