21

"Ready?"

"Not even a little."

"Great." Jake nodded, hooked his arm with Sunoo's, and then pulled them both forward.

There were large steps leading up to the front door of the home, although palace was maybe more appropriate. It was all large glass windows and stone columns, and they hadn't even gone inside yet.

People were filtering into the doors, leaving expensive cars in expensive suits and gowns. Sunoo felt out of place amongst them all so he made sure to press even closer to Jake, finding comfort in his presence.

Sunoo knew his family had money too, his Eomma providing substantially for them both, but this was never his scene. He had never seen a house this big, or people dressed so nicely for a party at a house. His mind naturally wandered to Sunghoon's life growing up in this house, to the elegant parties they must have had and fancy dinners.

Sunoo wondered if Dae was present at them all.

"You okay, Sunoo?"

"Hmm?" Sunoo asked, looking towards Jake to find his eyes attentively looking back. "I'm okay." He then breathed, clearing his mind.

Luckily Jake didn't push, his eyes only a bit hesitant as he looked away. Sunoo could tell the older was beginning to see that something was wrong with him, something he was hiding. That made Sunoo as nervous as it did guilty. He always told Jake everything, but this was... this wasn't something he could tell anyone.

Trying his best not to give his anxiety away, he looked up and walked through the doors with Jake. Inside, it was even more magnificent. There were marble floors and glowing chandeliers falling from the second floor. A large balcony looked over them, a few guests talking there whilst sipping from tall glasses.

Quiet music sounded out from somewhere, a rhythmic, classical sound that didn't make Sunoo on edge. It wasn't loud or overwhelming, it almost felt soothing. The conversation was louder, clinking of glasses and laughter filling the air.

They could see straight through to the garden, wide glass doors were opened to the large, open area. There were people outside too, the sound a little bit louder coming from the distance. Some tables were spotted around outside too, opposed to the normal furniture of the home, all classy and minimalistic.

"I may have to move in here." Jake joked, eyes just as wide as they looked around the room.

"Yeah, me too." Sunoo agreed, slightly flushing at the idea as he continued to marvel at the home.

"Sunoo! Jake!" They both heard, turning their heads to find Jungwon and Heeseung walking towards them.

They were both wearing suits as well, Jungwon's black and Heeseung's grey, both simple yet elegant as they strode over. As they reached them, Heeseung complimented, "You both look great."

"Thanks to Jake." Sunoo chuckled, thinking of the outfit Jake had solely picked out. A grey suit with a black shirt and tie, the suit jacket wrapped around his body with a belt tied around his middle, synching his waist.

"What can I say, I have a gift." Jake beamed, gesturing over his own outfit, a simple black suit and a white shirt. Instead of a tie he wore a necklace that threaded under his collar, diamonds that glinted in the light.

"You both look nice too." Sunoo then complimented shyly.

Thanking him, Heeseung then asked, "Have you two tried those pastry things? I may have to fill a bag with them to take home."