33

"It looks good on you." Sunoo breathed, eyes tracing Sunghoon, and something weird happened. Sunghoon felt goosebumps appear on his skin, a smile tempted his lips, and it became hard to meet Sunoo's gaze.

Before he could say anything, silence still palpable between them, Sunoo said, "I'll, uhh-" Instead of finishing, Sunoo simply pointed at one of the stalls, beginning to walk over.

Sunghoon was going to walk away, he was going to let this be it, he was going to leave and not think twice. But then: "Wait."

Sunoo did. He turned around, chest visibly rising and falling. Eyes a little wide, playing with his fingers shyly, Sunoo patiently waited.

"I- I didn't know you- You're into Wonho?"

"Huh?" Sunoo said quickly, lips forming the smallest pout.

"Dae said..." Sunghoon didn't quite understand why he didn't finish that sentence, shrugging instead as he hoped Sunoo made the connection.

"I don't-"

"I know you're- You know." Sunghoon interrupted, eyebrows furrowing at his own awkwardness. It's not like he couldn't say gay, why was it so hard to just say it now?

Sunoo raised an eyebrow, tilting his head slightly, and now it was even harder to speak.

"I don't- I'm not-" Closing his eyes, he attempted again, "It's okay that you are, I-"

"I know it is." Sunoo said simply, eyes holding the smallest amount of agitation, like this conversation was similar to one's he's had before.

"Yeah." Sunghoon said under his breath, feeling like a complete idiot. Had he really just told Sunoo it's okay to be gay? "I just, like, wanted to- umm-" He swallowed, wanting to bash his head into the wall because maybe that would be less painful. "I'm-"

"You're not." Sunoo interrupted again, a certain level of neutrality enveloping his tone, like that didn't matter to him.

And Sunghoon froze. There was something that made Sunghoon feel almost hurt that he couldn't identify. Was it the tone? The words?

"Yeah." He breathed weakly, still trying to figure out what he was feeling.

Once again, Sunoo tried to walk away, and this time Sunghoon couldn't find anything to make him wait.

However, Sunghoon was offered a few more moments with Sunoo when the younger paused, looked over his shoulder, though his eyes didn't meet Sunghoon, and simply said, "I don't like Wonho." Eyes meeting Sunghoon's, he finished, "Not like that."

He didn't turn away until Sunghoon had nodded, slow and distant as those words settled in his mind. More than anything Sunghoon wanted to say that cleared his thoughts, those words taking over all of the questions and unhelpful answers, but nothing changed.

Sunghoon was still confused.

Sunghoon still didn't know what this feeling was.

Sunghoon was still trying to convince himself that it was in fact an almost kiss even though he knew it wasn't.

Sunghoon still wanted to wear Sunoo's jacket.

▪︎☆▪︎

" Hoon. Sunooie can't leave." Dae said like it was obvious, to be fair it was obvious to everyone else.

For some reason the idea seemed to completely bypass Sunghoon as he looked at her with confusion, eyebrows pulled together.

Honestly, if it were up to Sunoo, he'd never take the jacket back. As he said to the older, he looked good in it. More than good. There was a slight chance that Sunoo also liked the idea of Sunghoon wearing his clothes.