02 | Chatterbox

~~~~~~~~~~Krishnan~~~~~~~~~~

I drove my car to my house with irritation clearly evident in my face. My family members at the back of my seat were in full josh and enthuse talking about my upcoming engagement and marriage formalities.

I did not like to participate in their conversation and remained silent. In between they teased me and my mom even scolded me to make me open my mouth but I did not. 

Few minutes later, I stopped the car in front of our Flat gate. My family members got down. Seeing me go the other direction, my mom scolded me.

"Dei.. come inside to our house. Don't go elsewhere"

"maa..." I whined.

"pcch.. after returning from their house, we should first go straight to our house. You can go elsewhere later on. We have fixed marriage for you.. better you behave"

"ok.. coming.. I will park the car" I said dejectedly . My mom and her sastrams.. who is teaching her all this I don't know.

I came inside my house in the 5th floor. Taking my bike key , I went out to meet my childhood friend who resides 2 streets away from us. 

Her name is Sandhya. We both are thick friends from childhood days. There had been many times when people considered as lovers, our families are not an exception. But we both feel brother sister relationship even though we are friends.

We clearly denied making us both a pair. Our parents too understood our bonding and did not bother us later on . I reached her house and parked my  bike. 

"Vaa pa..krishna.. what happened today? Heard that you are going to meet a girl for marriage " Sandhya's mom queried me.

"hi Aunty.. you know about my family la.. They don't want to drag or come without fixing an alliance. They follow an unspoken rule to fix whichever girl they go for meeting" I replied her with low spirit and heaved a sigh. 

I sat on the sofa and took the TV remote switching on the TV. "Aunty.. please can I get a good coffee? I have really a bad headache"

Aunt went with a nod to the kitchen.

"Headache ah??enna thambi.. ipo dhan ponnu pathutu vandruka adhuke thalavali ah?" asked Sandhya, coming out of her room, dapping her hair with towel.

(Just for seeing the girl you have got headache?)

I looked at the time, its 5PM . "is this the time to take bath?" I queried her.

She shrugged it off. " dei.. leave all that. How is the girl? Did you like her? Did you talk with her ? How was she?" she snatched the TV remote from me and switched off the TV, ready to start with her enquiry session.

"sss.. avaley paravala.. nee kelvi mela kelvi ketu kolaya pandra.."

(she is better when compared to your talks. Why do you ask questions line by line?)

"oh ho.. Sir .. its been just few minutes you met her, but she seems to be better than me ah?? avlodhana gopal nammba natpu?" ( is that the friendship that we have?) Sandhya faked crying.

"da chii.. overah scene podadha.. ava onum avlo worth ila"

(Don't do too much.. She is not that much worth to take over you)

"dei.. don't drag.. first tell me what happened there? what did you guys talk?"

"When did she even allow me to talk? She herself was talking a lot. "

"so what da? did she seemed to be good? did you like her?"

"you know about my parents and their policy la.. they fixed my marriage with her. They don't want me to get married late. No one even considered my opinion there"