06 | Regret

~~~~~~~~~~Krishnan~~~~~~~~~~

After dropping Anjana in her bike, I came to my house and refreshed myself. As we had dinner outside, I played with my nephew for some time and retired to my room. 

Don't ask about what happened in the beach with Anjana.. We spent 1 hour or so in the beach. Out of which for almost 40 minutes, she talked.. talked .. talked.. talked .. talked a lot..  ava pesa.. nan keka.. nan keka.. ava pesa ... ivlo dhan nadandhu..

(she was talking and I was listening.. this is what happened)

But that's fine.. we have plenty of days and for life long I am going to be with her , so we can enjoy more of our company.. 

Oh.. I just now remembered Sandhya. Such a bad friend I am. I did not even call to check up on whether she has reached home  or not. It is 11PM. 

But I know that devil will be awake at this time watching some korean serial. I dialed her , she did not pick up. I dialed twice and even messaged her. 

She is indeed online in whatsapp. 

"olunga phone ah edu... ilana veetu vasa kadava thatuven" ( Pick up my call or else I will bang your house door now)

She did not reply.

" 'Srinivasa iyer.. unga ponnu oru payyana nenachu kanavu kandudruka.. enna pandrel anga sitha vango nu'  kathi kuptu kadhava thatuven paravalaya?" 

('Srinivasa Iyer.. your daughter is dreaming about a boy. what are you doing there? ' I will shout this in front of your house, is that ok? Pick up the call now. ) I messaged her. 

I dialed again and she picked it up. 

"Hello" her voice sounded boring .

"What happened today? full romance ah?" I asked her enthusiastically.

"pcch..nothing happened.. I am tired.. will talk to you tomorrow"

"What happened? tell me" I insisted.

She narrated what happened. " pcch.. I am angry on him da.. I will not talk with him nor look at him" she shouted. 

"Hey.. just chill. don't take it seriously. its wrong from his side .. but lets talk with him later on to figure out what he is thinking nu"

"hmm"

"ok .. how did you know that he is going to come for the beach today?"

"Ms. chatty informed me while we were discussing over the call"

Anjana... this girl... 

"Krishna.. Don't say about what happened today to Anjana"

"hmm.. ok.. "

~~~~~~~~~~~Sandhya~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 days before the engagement of Krishnan, I came to the tailor shop to get my blouse to wear for the engagement. The tailor told it will take time and would give me the next day as he was busy with the other orders. 

He could have told me that before. I would have saved my time coming all the way to this shop far away from my house. 

Though they take time, they stitch well. For that sole reason, I agreed for the delay. 

When I was about to leave, I saw Deva entering the shop. I stopped and looked at him. Though he saw me, he went straight as in I did not exist there. 

I felt angry.. still I wanted to say sorry for calling him 'Idiot ' that day. He and Krishnan are going to be brother in laws and I don't want any quarrel happening because of me between them.

He came to buy the blouse of Anjana it seems. I waited for him patiently till he paid the bill and bought the blouses. 

He walked near his bike and I too followed him. Keeping the bag on his bike, he attended the call. Probably Anjana. I concluded it with the way he was talking. 

I waited for him, but he did not even acknowledge my presence. Abruptly he went inside. I got angry and left the place. 

I was walking little fast on the side of the road, when I heard a bike horn. I moved little more to the side as it is a busy road and the bike riders don't find the existing long width road  enough. They would even run their wheels on the head of the pedestrians walking. 

I heard the horn again . This time, even more louder and continuous. I turned around with irritation to find Deva in his bike. He was the one pressing the horn. 

Seeing him, I quickly shut my mouth which I opened to lash out. Already I have called him 'Idiot' and 'Stupid'. So I don't want to add any more to that list.

He came with his bike beside me and making sound with the throttle. He was not looking at me but straight. 

I too stood there silently. What am I supposed to do? Get in to his bike? I don't know.. Or does he want to talk something with me?

"are you going to hop on to the bike or not?" he asked. 

I quickly hopped on to the bike before he changes his mind. The ride was silent. He dropped me near the bus stop. 

" that day, I wanted to turn my bike around. And there was another guy who was coming to park, so I paved way for him and moved away a little. I turned around to pick you, but you left angrily" he reasoned for his behavior.

sss.. I closed my eyes for mistaking him without understanding the situation. 

"In the tailor shop, I went inside to get my debit card, which I left on the table. When I came out, you already started walking"

sss.. all the mistake is from your side Sandhya.. I mentally facepalmed . I regret for shouting at him earlier. 

I was about to apologize , but he forbid me.  " your bus has come.. get in ." 

"but..."

"its already late." he seemed to avoid me. I decided to leave and talk later on . 

With no option left, I boarded the bus. I was looking him at through the window. He remained till the bus took off from the stop.

To the present, Deva seemed to accept my apologies and he behaved normally. Still I regret for creating bad impression about myself to him.