09 | Silent treatment

~~~~~~~~~~~Krishnan~~~~~~~~~

I woke up very late around noon due to the incomplete sleep yesterday.  I saw the Ac was switched on and I was covered with blanket. 

Its not a big thing to find out it is Anjana's act. I felt bad for shouting at her the previous day. I looked at the rooms quickly to find no trace of her. She must be in the 5th floor. 

 I checked the main door, and it  was locked from outside. Freshening up myself , I took my mobile which was lying on the teapoy. I made a call to Anjana to unlock the door.  But she did not pick up. Expected. I made a call to my mom. 

Few minutes later, my bro came and unlocked the door.  When I went to 5th floor, I saw Anjana who did not throw any glance at me. Right.. Fault at my side for shouting at her. 

I wanted to ask sorry but she kept herself busy and was avoiding me. She is behaving childish. 

I try to remain silent for now and not let my parents know about the issue. We then carried on with other usual activities. But something was strange. 

Our house seemed to be completely calm and boring.. Everyone were doing their usual work just like normal day. But something was lacking.

Anjana.. Yes.. its her talk. Its been 2 hours, since I came .. Anjana never spoke a single word. I thought she was not talking with me due to the fight. But she did not talk with anyone .

Hence the pin drop silence. We all had lunch . The non stop Anjana was way too silent and it seemed more awkward and gave foreign feelings for me. It does not look good at all. 

I tried many ways to make her talk. I forcefully brought in some excuses to make her come to our flat, so that I can talk openly. But she remained rooted in 5th floor. 

I teased her so as to make her argue with me. But she did not. Everyone laughed at me. 

But I won't give up. Wait.. why are they all laughing? I asked them.. 

"She said she is not going to talk with anyone hereafter. no no.. she did not say.. she wrote that showed  us" said my Sister in law. 

I did not know she would take my shouting this serious. It is ok to have her talk less but completely avoiding to talk was something that was not settling with me. 

Even though she did not talk, she was participating happily with others in our house on the work. But with me she was throwing cold shoulders. 

My nephew was crying heavily to eat . We tried all possibilities to make him eat, but he was not. 

"Ei.. Anjana.. why can't you sing some rhymes for him? he is crying di.. from morning he has not eaten anything"

She remained silent but tried to do some actions to make him eat.. But it did not work out.  My SIL made me take the job of Anjana to dance and sing song for him to eat. 

No.. I am very bad in that. Still after much persuasion I tried .. only to hear the heavy crying sound of my nephew and others laughed. 

I persuaded her .

"ei.. Anja.. talk di.. please di.. "

no response. 

"hey.. sorry di.. will talk about our matters later on .. now sing some song and entertain him.. everyone are struggling from morning" I spoke in a low voice to her. 

Finally she agreed and my nephew ate some food. Again Anjana went in to silent mode. She did not talk . 

Evening the when the guests arrived, they asked why she was not talking. She showed a paper which was written that she is on silent fasting today. Hence they did not disturb her.