12 | Unrequited

~~~~~~~~~~Krishnan~~~~~~~~~

I decided to go to Sandhya's house as it is long time since I had a talk with her. I took a walk as it was just 2 streets away. She was seen standing outside of her house, braiding her hair.

Seeing me she did not have a happy face and turned to the other side.  I went inside removing my slippers. 

"sandhya" her mom called her seeing me. 

"Coming" she said, while throwing the strands of hair that was struck on her comb. Washing her hands, she went to lit the lamp in the pooja room as it was evening. 

She did not spare any look at me till now. " madam in very angry mode. I don't think she would talk with you" said her Father. 

"its ok Uncle.. I will handle her.. for how long she can be angry at me?" I replied

"Best of luck" 

I nodded my head.. Sandhya closed the pooja room door and strolled towards her room. 

"Sandhya... why you did not..." Her mom started. Sandhya interrupted her with gritted teeth. 

"Ok I will .. don't start.. I just forgot" she replied.

Her mom gave a glaring look. Sandhya changed her face to  carry a smile . She sat near the pooja room door, after opening it. 

Switching on the Shruthi box, she started singing.

R - MM  PNSR  | S - ;  |  NDP- ||

M - ND DPMG | R - ;  | RMGS ||

Ramuni Maravakavey Manasa||

Ramuni Maravakavey Sita||

I actually suppressed a laugh when she started the song. I thought she would sing " sambho Mahadeva" . I badly wanted to ask why she changed her interest from Mahadeva to Rama . But If I ask her, death of me is confirm. 

I patiently waited for her to finish the song.. Once she was done, I dragged her to the balcony. 

"Madam.. won't  you talk with me?"

She remained silent. I asked her apology , as it is a mistake from my side. I did not pick her call when she dialed many times. 

"How come Krishna.. you remember me now? What made you come here?" she asked me sarcastically with anger evidence in her voice. 

"Hey its just that.. I forgot.. not like I was purposefully avoiding you"

"I have heard that wives won't allow men to spend time with their friends after marriage. Then how come they would allow a girl bestie to talk.. its ok I understand"

"Hey.. don't talk about my Anja that way.. she has never said anything about us  nor restricted me from talking with you"

"Sir I am happy that you are living a good life with Anjana.. and you have a good understanding.. but please do remember you are the same person, who did not believe her and tried to reject her for the same reason before marriage.. That time, I tried to convince you many times , before we met her in the mall. Do you remember?"

"sss. soba.. . what is your problem now Sandhya?"

"I don't have any problem with anyone... sorry for talking about your Anjana .. Hereafter I will not talk anything. I thought you understood me . Its mistake from my side to depend on you."

She left the house. I don't know where. But I pondered over what happened. Then I realized it was all my mistake. Such a bad friend I am. I did not make any calls to her nor helped her when I knew why she called me once. 

Its just that I did not know what to say. I did not purposefully avoid her. But.. it all has happened. 

What to do.. Anjana has conquered my mind and heart with her childishness and talks, that I almost forgot that I had a bestie.. 

Still I feel bad for Sandhya for what I have done. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sandhya~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its been totally 3 months since Krishna is married. For this entire 3 months, he did not talk with me.

I understand he is basking in the enjoyment of new married life.. So I don't want to disturb him. In, fact happy that Anjana has changed him. But I am not just his normal friend. I am his bestie, his childhood friend. 

We have shared whether happiness or sadness with each other. There had been times, when I shared my feelings and sorrows with Krishna than my parents, though they behave friendly with me. 

I agree he is married now. But doesn't he have time to even make a single call with me once in this 3 months? I did not disturb him for the first 2 months of marriage, not wanting to be a disturbance. 

But later on when I made call to him hesitatingly twice, he cut the call stating he was out with Anjana. I felt bad for intruding their space and remained silent. At least, he could have called me when he is free, which he did not do. 

Last week, I dialed him many times. I was actually feeling very stressed out and felt like talking with him. But he did not pick the call. Then I dialed Anjana.. she picked the call. As usual she started talking something, not allowing me to talk.

But she blurted out an information while she was talking and I heard that well. More than that.. Krishnan was also near her.. I heard him shout at Anjana.. The next minute the call was cut. 

I heard Anjana saying that they have started searching girl for her brother to marry . Her parents have found a one and are planning to meet them at their house in the next 2 days. 

Krishna did not share this information with me.. Did he think that I would feel upset and did not share? Or did he think that I was not serious with Deva and hence did not say. 

Deva too did not understand me.. I agree I did not say openly to him that I like him. But I thought he likes me. How fool I was. 

The entire mistake is from my side. Hardly I have met Deva 5 to 6 times. We had shared only max of 3 to 5 lines of conversation in general , nothing more than that. 

I don't have Deva's number with me. I could have easily got it from Anjana. But I did not do that. I don't know if she really knows that I have a thing for her brother. Moreover I am not as comfortable in sharing these with her than with Krishna.

For that matter, not even Krishna shared me his number. After his marriage, I started to distance myself from him. I felt awkward to ask him to share his number. And I did not have the guts to ask Deva directly. 

Last week, I went to a restaurant with my parents. When I was leaving, I saw Deva sitting with a girl on the other table and talking something. They definitely does not seem to be friends or cousins. It looked more like meeting a girl for arranged marriage. Or she could be his lover. 

Suddenly tears flowed from my eyes. But I wiped them off as I had my parents with me. Upon reaching home, I dialed Krishna to know about this. He did not pick my call. That is when I dialed Anjana and came to know about the marriage alliance for Deva.

My parents are broad minded and they would not say no for Love marriage, provided the guy is a trustworthy and good person who would take care of me well. 

But if Deva.. wait.. why do I call him in short as Deva? If Mahadevan himself is ready to see another girl and not me, it makes me think that he does not get the clue that I was throwing so far at him. He don't have any interest in me. 

I let my feelings bury deep inside my heart. I don't want the relationship of Krishnan and Mahadevan to be tampered in any way because of my love. I don't want Anjana and Krishnan to fight anything regarding this and remained silent. 

And I am  going to distance myself completely from Krishnan as well. Let my love for Mahadevan be an unrequited love. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know most of the readers don't like Sandhya being bestie for Krishnan. So I decided to break her friendship with him. 

Happy?