13 | Bajji

~~~~~~~~~~Sandhya~~~~~~~

"Sandhya.. did you take bath or not?" My mother shouted at me. 

"ya I did" came my reply with a boring tone.

"Here.. wear this saree and this matching accessories.. Comb your hair neatly.. Don't take the centre partition.. Do some nice hairdo. And.."

"maa.. ok I will get ready.. don't talk continuously. its irritating"

"ok ... get ready soon"

My Mom left. I sat on the bed looking at the new saree and accessories. My parents have arranged a marriage meet for me. And this proposal is brought my Krishnan's mom. 

If not for his mom, I would have lashed out at her for poking nose in to others matter. My parents were silent and did not start with the topic. But recently, Krishnan's mom started this topic.

My parents knew that I am not  in love with anyone. Still they asked me to confirm it. I said 'no' as I don't know anything about Mahadevan's feelings. 

Finding that as a green signal, they encouraged Krishnan's mom(Vimala) to send the details of horoscope and they started with search.

At first I did not take it seriously , as it would take time to see the horoscope , match all criteria's and so on. So I thought I would get good amount of time to enjoy. But after knowing that this proposal is brought by Vimala aunty, my hopes drained.

Vimala aunty has a policy. Whichever girl or boy they meet for arrange marriage at their house, she would ensure that it gets fixed. Two living proofs. Krishnan and his brother. 

Though they have got a good life, that is their family. But why to poke nose in to ours? I know she is suggesting it because our families know each other well for a longer time. Still.. I am kind of afraid of what might happen.

I am not on talking terms with Krishnan. Its been 3 days since the fight happened between me and Krishnan.

In between, I happened to see him in a shop with Anjana. Though we saw each other, we did not speak. Anjana inched forward to talk with me , but he refrained her from that. 

While thinking, my phone chimed. I saw the caller ID . It was Anjana. With reluctance I picked it up. My fight is only with Krishnan and not with Anjana. So I attended the call.

She spoke for few minutes.

"ss. ok .. ok bye.. I will talk later. Krishna is here" she said in husky voice and cut the call. I understood that she was conversing with me without his knowledge.

I sat  for few minutes with closed eyes, doing a small meditation, to calm my racing mind and heart.

I then got ready cheerfully. I have made up mind to go with the way the things are happening. 

I heard the guests coming inside. I saw Vimala aunty and Krishan's Dad too along with the guests. After usual greetings and other talks, I was asked to come out. 

I performed namaskaram,  to the elders and sat on the single sofa. My parents were saying or could say praising about me to the guests. 

"can your daughter cook?" asked one of their relative.

I shot a glare at him. Are they going to hire a cook or seeing a girl for marriage? I thought. 

"She knows a little. But we will equip her before marriage" my mom stated.

"ohh.. ok.. she is lean.. I don't know if she could do all the household work. Don't expect our guy to do all the work." his so called relative said.

How dare he ask this question. I felt like hitting him hard with the plate on his head. I opened my mouth to shout but my mom forbid me from doing it.