Before Hogwarts: 1978 - August 1989

“All right, all right, that's what I'm talking about! Now, everyone give it up for the maid of honour, Pansy Parkinson!” a man yelled from the music corner. A young girl stands up from the  long table full of the wedding party. The young girl was barely 16 years old. She had black hair, brown eyes and she was wearing an elegant green bridesmaid dress. The girl held up her glass that was full of apple juice and started her toast “A toast to the groom! To the bride from your sister who is always by your side to your union and the hope that you provide an heir. May you always be satisfied”. Pansy Parkinson continued the toast but the 18 year old bride was no longer listening. The bride, with shoulder length black hair, was sitting in the middle of the long table staring into nothing. The bride didn’t want to be there and mentally the bride wasn’t there. Mentally the bride was reliving her whole life. Every bit of her life that got her stuck in this horrible situation. The situation she never wanted to be a part of. The situation that kept her from the love of her life. 

—--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lord and Lady Parksion tried for years to have a male hair or even an heir of any gender. They have been trying since the day they married. Over the years, the couple had had many miscarriages. They had never carried a child to term. This causes many rips to form in the relationship between the Lord and Lady. Their marriage was created on the grounds that an heir would be born for the two families. Without this heir being born, the families were splitting. The two families were close to going to war with each other. But then in 1978, the miracle happened. A child was born. 

On the 2nd april 1978, Lady Parkinson gave birth to a beautiful bold baby girl. They named the child River Parkinson. Despite the fact that they now had a failsafe heir, Lord and Lady Parkinson weren’t happy. They weren’t going to be happy until they had a male heir. So the couple kept trying. They kept trying for a male heir. But instead they gained another daughter. In 1980, Lady Parkinson gave birth to another female. She came out with thick black hair. Keeping up with the nature theme, they named this new baby Pansy Parkinson. But Lord and Lady Parkinson still weren't happy. They didn’t have a son. So they handed the two girls off to a house elf to raise and carried on trying to make a male heir. 

River and Pansy were raised by those house elves for 5 years for Pansy and for 7 years for River. They never knew their parents for those years. They never even met them or heard about them. Their parents were too busy trying to get a male hair. These house elves were all the sisters knew.  For those years, the sisters became best friends. Their personalities started to sign through, more in River than in Pansy. River slowly became a sneaky prankster, who acted out. River became a child who wouldn’t stay quiet or still unless she was doing something bad.

However this all changed in 1985. 

On the morning of River's 7th birthday, the house elf in charge of the nursery, Nyssa, forced the children into posh matching green dresses that were tied together by a silver ribbon. River absolutely hated it. She hated dresses of all kinds. But Nyssa wouldn't let her change. Nyssa also wouldn't answer any questions River had. Instead she just took the two children to the ballroom and left them there. In the ballroom stood two adults. They were Lord and Lady Parkinson. The two adults walked over to the girls, judging them while also whispering to themselves. 

“This one's posture will need to be fixed”