6th year: September 1994 - August 1995

Vincent and River had to be up early the morning of 1st September 1994 to be able to catch a muggle train down to King’s cross Station. The pair had yo be put of the house by 5:30 to get to London on time so everything was a rush that morning. River, surprisingly, was the first one up in the whole house. She got herself quickly dressed in her usual punk clothes before making everyone pancakes.  Everyone was shocked to find out River could cook, well everyone but Vincent, but the food was amazing. After everyone had eaten breakfast, Vincent and River made sure they had everything they needed for hogwarts.

“How do you have everything in that small bag?”

“Magic, babe”

“I know but all your clothes, all your hogwarts stuff, everything you own is in there, Love”

“Not everything. I left my broom at Hogwarts so my family wouldn’t destroy it”

Once they made sure they had everything, Juliette gave them a lift to the Manchester train station. She gently hugged them both as they got out of the car. “Now remember River. You are always welcome at our house.” She started “and remember to get the doctor at Hogwarts to have a look at your side”.

River had never been on a muggle train before and it was so different than the Hogwarts express. River was in awe of everything. Vincent just laughed and teased her for every question she asked.

“Where’s the steam?”

“How does it ruin without burning coal?”

“What on earth is an engine?”

“Why isn’t there compartments?”

“Where’s the food trolley?”

The muggle train arrived in London about 8am, giving the couple an hour before they had to be on the Hogwarts express so Vincent took River to a small little muggle Café for half an hour before they both ran through the wall between platform 9 and platform 10.

Platform 9 ¾ was surprisingly more busy than normal. It seemed every wizard from all around the world was on the platform looking for something. River had no idea why so many people were there but she could hear all of the chatter. People were taking about a death eater attack that happened at the quidditch world cup. Students were complaining about having to pack dress robes and dresses. It was very noisy and very busy. Star Snape almost fell onto the train track it was that busy.

HONK!

As the train honked it horn, the platform finally started emptying as all the students got onto the train. Vincent and River were one of the first to get onto the train. They ran right to the back of the train and found a compartment that would only fit the two of them in it. They finally were alone for the first time all summer. They could be a couple in peace in that compartment. A full day of just them two on a compartment alone. It was amazing. The two  even got a carriage to themselves for the ride from Hogsmeade to Hogwarts.

Once they arrived at the great hall, they finally had to be split from each other. They had to go sit at their different tables. Though as soon as River sat down at the Slytherin table, Emberlynn started teasing her about Vincent. Luckily, the sorting put a stop to that.

“Oh you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find

A smarter hat than me.