3rd year: September 1991 - August 1992

1st September 1991 was a big day in the Parkinson household. You see because this is the day that the golden child, Pansy Parkinson, will go to hogwarts. Most of the house was up really early for this exciting day. Well all the house but one was up really early for this exciting day. River wasn't up early. River slept it. By the time she got up, she barely had time to get dressed before the family was leaving. She made it to the front of the house just before her parents and sister were about to leave.

“You're late,” Lord Parkinson said glaring at his daughter. “Oh how observant you are. I slept in” River rolling her eyes at him. “A heiress should never be late or sleep in. And what are you wearing?” Lady Parkinson spoke with a disgusted voice. River was wearing a black short sleeved shirt and high waisted black jeans. She was also wearing a black plaid shirt jacket and black boots. “clothes mother.” River smirked at the anger that filled her mother “ah ah ah. You don’t have time to punish me unless you want perfect Pansy to miss the train” Lord and Lady Parkinson hated the fact that River was right but they couldn't fight it because they needed to go. So they grabbed the girls hands and apparated them both to Platform 9 ¾. 

Platform 9 ¾ was overflowing with the kids and families throughout the whole of the UK that were coming back to Hogwarts or going to Hogwarts for the first time. 

River looked around at all the families and noticed some of the usual families chatting with some other people. 

She noticed the Weasley family that looked smaller than usual. It was Molly Weasley, Arthur Weasley, Percy Weasley (5th year Gryffindor), Evan Black (4th year Ravenclaw), Fred Weasley (3rd year gryffindor), George Weasley (3rd year Gryffindor), Emberlynn Black (3rd year Slytherin), Comet Black (3rd year gryffindor), Alya Black (3rd year Hufflepuff), Natasha Weasley (2nd year Slytherin), Ron Weasley (1st year) and Ginny Weasly (10 years old). Percy was talking to his girlfriend. Evan was talking to his boyfriend and Percy's roommate, Oliver Wood. Fred, George, Alya and Emberlynn were chatting. Comet and Natasha were chatting. Molly, Arthur, Ginny and Ron were chatting with some random black haired kid. 

She also noticed the Malfoy family. Lord Malfoy seemed to be giving Celestia Malfoy, Draco Malfoy, Sophia Malfoy, Leo Malfoy and two random girls with black hair a warning speech about their reputation. River wasn't going to stay around for her parents' speech on reputation so she left before her family noticed she had gone.

River ended up sitting on the train with Emberlynn Black again but it was cool. They had fun and they are roommates. As the trained neared Hogsmeade, they both changed into their uniform. Or their version of the uniform in River’s case. Once the train arrived at Hogsmeade, they both got onto a carriage together and hogwarts they sat together at the Slytherin table. River didn't want to watch the sorting to see her sister get into Slytherin but she was hungry and to eat, she had to watch the sorting.  

Time to meet a new set of snotty Slytherin brats. 

River’s thoughts are interrupted as the doors open and Professor McGonagall leads all the first years to the stool. She laughed slightly under her breath as she noticed the look Professor McGonagall gave her when she noticed what she was wearing. Just like last year, Professor McGonagall put the hat on the stool and it started singing.

“Oh you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,