After Hogwarts

Nineteen ninety-six

Living with Leonardo Warrington was hard. He was a horrible man. Everything he said was misogynistic and mean. He forced River to wear short and revealing dresses every day. He refused to let River cut her hair. He forced River to wear a face full of make up at all times. He forced her to act like a pureblood lady, following or her training. River felt like a clown. She was so uncomfortable. But she couldn’t say anything or he would punish her.  Leonardo’s punishments were so much worse than her parent’s punishments for many reasons.

1} He had do much more power behind his casting of the Cruciatus Curse.

2} He acted like he truly loved her before, during and after the punishments.

3} He’s a death eater. He had more training when it came to causing pain.

4} He used anything he could find to punish her. Knives, forks, belts, wands, sticks,  his hands, his feet, his teeth, salt. If you can name it, he will use it.

5} He is emotionally abusive as well as physical.

6} He keeps threatening to hurt Pansy.

On top of this, at least once a week, the pair had to consternate their marriage as purr their marriage contract. They had to keep trying until a make heir is corrected. River just lays down and lets the dude do his job while thinking of the eyes of the man she loves, imagining he was the one on top of her.

What makes this all worse is that River is stuck in the manor with this man, only bring allowed to leave when Leonardo or Pansy is with her. Meaning she can’t leave to see her friends or comfort her friends when something horrible happens. Like what happened at Christmas.

Star Welburga Black was dead.

Killed while her sister, Eileen Lily Snape and Lilith Lolly Snape, were duelling.

Lilith moved in with Pansy after this event.

This event just made River hate Lilith more.

Nineteen ninety-seven

The year of weddings. The wedding of Nymphadora Tonks and Remus Lupin. The wedding of Emberlynn Black and Bill Weasley. The wedding of Celestia Malfoy and Theo Nott. The wedding of Draco Malfoy and Slyvie Grant. The wedding of Roxie Malfoy and Blaise Zambini. But River only one got to attend one of these weddings as 2 was cancelled, 1 was private and 1 she was banned from going to.  The wedding River got to go to was the wedding of Celestia Malfoy and Theo Nott.

The wedding happened at the beginning of August at Malfoy Manor. River was invited as Lady Warrington with her husband which was no fun. River was forced to wear a tight fitting, backless , black dress that Leonardo had picked out. The pair got sat at the very back of the wedding hall but that suited River. She didn’t have to pretends to be listening at the wedding.

However something made her listen. Someone objecting to the marriage caught Celestia’s marriage. A young girl with ginger hair and a rainbow headband. The girl was one of Pansy's friends. The girl was Lotty Midnight.

“what are you doing Lotty?”

“I'm not letting you marry someone you don’t love Celestia”

“who says I don’t love Theo?”

“because you love me.”

“What are you talking about? I don’t love you Lotty”