6

Bella’s Pov:

It has been a couple of weeks since I met Kate and her family. They are nice people. Me and Kate and her family talk often, getting to know each other more, as well as her asking me if I will accept being soulmates as well as being her girlfriend.

It was nice to talk to someone that was not in high school, we usually meet at the Cullen’s house ,the Denali’s make me feel like I’m one of them even when I’m clearly not. Also me and Kate talk about we being soulmates, well that was one hell of a conversation that’s for sure.

*Flash back*

Kate's Pov:

I had just entered Bella’s bedroom again without her dad knowing (or so they thought), ‘’Kate tells me about us being soulmates please what is a soul mate?’’ my beautiful mate asks.

‘’It's a well it’s like a best friend but more its the one person in the world who knows you better than anyone else. Someone who makes you a better person, actually they don’t make you a better person you do that yourself because they inspire you.

A soulmate is someone who will carry with you forever. It is the one person who knew you and accepted you and believed in you before anyone else did or when no one else would and no matter what happens you will always love them nothing could change that, that is what a soulmate is and means to me.’’

I look at Bella lovingly surprised she is crying.
‘’Bella why are you crying ‘’

“Not even Edward said anything like that”

“Dear Bella love I never meant to make you cry I'm sorry sweetheart, let’s leave this topic, also Bella do you accept being my soulmate as well as being my girlfriend?’’ I ask scared she’ll say no.

‘’yes, I do to both’’ aww she yarns her little head off.
‘’are you tired?’’.
Bella nods her head “yes love”

“Go to bed Bella I’ll be here if u want me to stay.”
“Yes please, I sleep better when your here” she slowly gets ready for bed, then she gets under the duvet. I join my mate and cuddle close to her.
I start to notice that when I'm here she sleeps peacefully.

*End of flashback*

Bella Pov:

I am actually on my way to the res now to go see Jake and the others guys, some story time bonfire. I’m interrupted out of my thoughts by Jake shouting me over.

Wow I got here quick, yah no slower beast of a truck to drive. Not that I don’t mind because Charlie got it for me but it crashed not long ago and I had to get a new one with Charlie.

As I make my way towards the fire camp Jake pulls me to sit down next to him. ‘Hey, bells I’m so glad you’re here’
It is like Jake never sees me anymore but he sees me all the time.

Right as billy jakes dad start talking about the tribe's history, I start burning up again but this time its burning and I start shaking.
I crouched down trying to calm myself down wincing in pain but next thing I know I am suddenly up in the sky, and I land back on the ground on four legs and a tail. God this shit hurts so bad.

Wait four legs um no I did not turn into a freaking wolf
‘’Bella calms down so you can shift back’’
Jake did not just tell me what to do. How dare he, he is not my father. Shit did I just growl at him, no this cannot be happening no.

Sam’s Pov:

We were all listening to Billy talking about the tribal history I have heard so many times before although these pups need to learn, including Bella because she’s a part of our world now.
As Billy is now talking about the treaty with the Cullen’s. I hear Emily mention Bella looks flustered. Bella crouched down, even though she is sitting. ‘’Bella are you ok.... Bella?’’

‘’Whoa’’ quill says. Bella was there a minute ago, but now sits a wolf. Not just a wolf but a golden bronze coloured wolf with chocolate brown eyes that shows all her pain.
I don’t know why this happened, but I feel the need to help and protect her like these other pups.
I look around at the elders to see they are all shocked.
A large wine comes from her. ‘’ billy do you know why she could have shifted, and Jake shift tell her to calm down’’
‘’yes Sam’’ Jacob replies.
That is when Jake shifted to his golden bronze wolf.
hmm they are mates
‘’honestly, Sam I don’t know why but us elders need to have a meeting about it.’’

Bella’s Pov:
Bella’s mind
Jakes talking

Jake why am I a wolf and why so much pain, fuck these hurts so much. “I know bells but we will explain everything when you phase back” okay how do I do that Jake ‘ think happy thoughts Bella ‘

Okay happy thoughts, how much I love Charlie and how Kate makes me feel, oh how she really makes me feel and my friends’. When I think about these things I slowly but surely shift back on two legs and become very naked.

‘’Can you all look away please till I get some clothes on if any of you have some spare.’’ I tried and failed to cover myself up quick enough. Thankfully, Emily offered some of her clothes and asked Sam to get them for me.

Sadly, the clothes did not come quick enough for me in this very awkward atmosphere. When they did come I was so grateful and I got changed without hurting myself this time as well as thanking Emily for them.

****** skips to going home***