Elemental Magic

Elemental mages have a weaker intimacy with their magic and therefore must channel their raw energy into an element. For elementals, this is the only way magic can be used.

They can learn and master any element, but they are predisposed to a particular one from birth. This element comes most naturally to them and often has an influence on their personality.

Electric mages, for example, are often energetic and irritable but patient ones aren't completely unheard of. Again: the magic of an elemental's soul influences their personality, but doesn't wholly determine it.

Another important detail is that conjured elements cannot exist for long. A mage cannot create water and then drink it to hydrate themselves (it would dissipate before the body could absorb it).

Similarly, a fire spell could ignite kindling, but the resulting bonfire would not be the original spark which started it. The resulting blaze is simply the aftermath of the initial arcane fire used to ignite it. A metal mage can't conjure endless gold and then sell it - it'd dissipate before long.

The ferocity and stamina of elements is attributed to the user's raw power and innate talent. However, using elemental magic in a dexterous, nimble manner is achievable only with skill and practice.

Known elements are as follows:

- Water

- Fire

- Electricity

- Wind

- Earth

- Ice

- Metal

Elemental magic, unlike its mental counterpart, does not weave 'spells'. Instead, it either produces or manipulates existing elements. A mage experienced with electricity could launch lightning from their hands, but they could also manipulate a nearby thunderstorm that already exists.

A metal mage could conjure silver briefly; they could also cause an iron wrench to melt.

Proceed to learn about a psychic mage's abilities.