7

Cassie

As we said goodbye, I felt almost as giddy as a schoolgirl. I'd done my best to dismiss the idea from my mind that his voice was sexy. I'd told myself all kinds of excuses. I was tired when I'd made the call. I was still thinking about Gigi asking me if I had someone special in my life. I was really trying to find any answer I could as to why I'd been so taken with the sound of his voice alone, and I thought for sure I had gotten a handle on it as I pulled up to the park.

But then, I met him.

Alex Osborne was a god in human form.

He was quite literally everything I found sexy in a man. From his six foot plus height to how broad his shoulders were and how brilliantly his eyes shown in the afternoon sun.

I could see a lot of his features in his little girl, and somehow, that made me even more attracted to Alex. I knew I was being crazy in a variety of ways – first and foremost this man was looking for a nanny, not a girlfriend – but I couldn't help it.

Reality barked at me, reminding me he was clearly in his forties, and I was in my twenties. Of course, he was one sexy silver fox. The part of his dark hair that had been peppered with grey only added to his allure in my mind, and age had made him sexy in the way fine wine got better with time, too.

But he was also a billionaire. He was out of my league in every sense of the word. I would be lucky to even get the job, let alone to even begin to think someone like Alex Osborne would give me a second glance.

Still, the way he looked at me as he shook my hand made me feel on top of the world. I really didn't know how to explain it.

Thank you for taking the time to meet with me out here today," I told him with a bright smile. "I apologize again that I had to move it a couple hours later."

"Not a problem," Alex said. "I'm thoroughly impressed with the way you do things, and I'm looking forward to working together."

I raised my eyebrows a bit. I was pretty sure I had the job, but the confirmation made butterflies flutter in my stomach.

"Hired on the spot, huh?" I asked with a playful grin. "This is a first for me."

"I find that hard to believe," Alex replied. "But hey, now that I'm seeing more how this is going and how Lucy has taken to you, do you have more availability than what I originally said? It would be pretty nice to have someone Monday through Friday. Of course, changing the hours on you like that means I fully expect to increase the rate of pay."

"Full-time, wow," I said. I felt like an idiot. Usually, I was a lot more professional and ready with my answers, but there wassomething about how sexy this man was that made it difficult for me to concentrate on what he was saying.

"I know it's a lot to ask. I was originally saying barely part-time, and I know this is pretty much the opposite of that, but I was feeling a little nervous going into this. I didn't know what to expect, and when it comes to Lucy, I'm incredibly guarded."

"Understood, and I can do full-time," I said with a smile. "You caught me at a good time. We just saw a shift in the business, so I've got an opening. All the details, as far as the payment and the booking, along with the schedule for me watching Lucy, will all be in the contract."

"Great. This couldn't have worked out better then," he said. His bright eyes seemed to get even brighter, and I tried to ignore the way my knees almost buckled at the sight.

"Agreed," I told him. "Anyway, you have my number, and please feel free to call me whenever. If you're happy with how things have gone and you feel ready to begin, I can start Friday morning. I know that's still the day after tomorrow, but there are a few things I really should get done before taking on another full-time child."