23

Two Days Later

Cassie

Iwoke up the following morning with a start, and then I remembered where I was.

Even though I'd spent the previous day and night before last night with Alex, I still had to take a moment to realize I'd woken up once again in his bed. He was sleeping next to me, and I thought back over the past two days.

The day before had been surreal. We both took care of Lucy and during the time she was napping, we had so much sex. Then more sex when she went to bed for the night.

We'd woken up the day before and started the day with sex, then last night before we fell asleep, we had sex again.

I was somewhat sore from all the activity, but I had never been happier.

I hadn't yet told him about the pregnancy, but I knew I would do it soon. And with me staying at the house with the two of them, I felt it should be really soon. Angela hadn't been happy with my decision to give it a few more days after I told her of the latest development.

"You have to tell him," she insisted.

"And I'm going to," I replied.

"Soon," she said. "Preferably right now."

"I'm not going to tell him right now," I said. "After what he just went through with his ex, I think it would be wise to give it a few days for things to cool off before I tell him we're pregnant."

"Still. If I were in his position, I'd want to know," she said.

"And I'll tell him. I promise," I said.

As I lay next to him, I made up my mind to tell him when he got up that morning. I would tell him when it was just the two of us together, and we could then decide how we would tell Lucy together.

I rehearsed how the conversation would go in my mind for what felt like the hundredth time, and I considered how I would start the conversation in the first place. I didn't know if I ought to just blurt it out, or if I really should do what I could to work it into the conversation we were having.

Then again, there was always the method of telling him I had something important to say and then announcing it. The idea brought a smile to my face, reminding me of how Lucy would tell me something.

I rolled over to kiss his chest. While I had my doubts at times over how he'd respond, I was mostly excited to tell him. I had a feeling he would be really excited, and that made me excited to tell him.

Today would be the day. I just knew it.

I moved to slide out of bed and head to the bathroom when Alex put his hand on my arm, stopping me.

"Where do you think you're going, sexy lady?" he asked.

I smirked. "Oh, you're more awake than I thought."

"I'm plenty awake," he mumbled, and I laughed.

"Are you sure about that? Maybe you need another hour or so," I suggested.

"No, I'm awake, I'm awake," he said, pulling me down onto the bed once more.

I was still naked from the night before, and so was he. While I hadn't been sure at first whether to sleep naked with Lucy in the house, it hadn't taken me long to realize she was a deep sleeper, and she slept all the way through the night without issues. Of course, I kept my robe right next to the bed just in case she was to call out in the night, but I liked sleeping naked, it made for incredible moments like this one.

I loved how spontaneous we could be.

And I loved how spontaneous Alex was.

Leaning forward, I pressed my lips to his, and he moved his hands to my waist. He kissed me as he eased me over the top of him, and I leaned back, at the same time reaching behind me to take his dick in my hand.