Al Haitham

Imagine (a modern day au in which) Al Haitham kept bumping into his favorite author while he was on a trip.

Imagine the strange coincidence, having your first interaction/meeting the day-dawn at the airport. He, who believe it or not was heart broken upon having his five year relationship with Kaveh, broke up just the day before their anniversary all because things aren't working out anymore. And he who happened to booked a long trip for them overseas now was waiting for the flight alone.

Imagine you on the other hand was the opposite. Although Al Haitham was pretty much well prepared for the trip, his heart was not ready for it. You on the other hand, despite a simple hand bag which contains pretty much your laptop, notebook, favorite pen and pencil, eye mask and important papers. Leaving all keys and phone behind. You're ready.

Imagine the sudden ring of phone that echoed over the silent waiting area. Waking you up from your little nap a little pissed because damn, it's probably three in the morning. Don't they know how to put their phone on a vibrate or silent mode? It goes on for a good five minutes of none stop ringing, almost making ou think it was an alarm but you knew pretty well that was a ringtone.

"Excuse me Sir. Would you mind taking the call if you don't mind? You're waking up the other people as you see?" You sweat dropped as you asked upon seeing his glare at you.

"Mind your own business." Then proceed to hold his phone up, decline the call then shut his phone down. Then ignore you.

"Wow, what a nasty attitude." You whispered to yourself.

Imagine that dawn as the boarding flight was announced, both of you stood up. That dawn, one left with a bit of regret and heavy heart, while the other left everything behind, without an inch of regret.

"Excuse me. Would you mind switching seats with me?"

"Where is your seat?"

"Just right beside yours."

"Sure."

Imagine it does not look like he remember you. Seeing how exhausted his face close up, you could tell he was still pretty handsome despite such appearance. Still remembering his nasty attitude earlier. You decided to shrug it off and continue your nap.

Imagine in the middle of the flight, you woke up with the sound of someone silently crying. Taking off your eye mask, your eyes look around for the source of the sound only for your eyes to land on your seat mate.

Imagine there he was holding a book in one hand while his other was busy brushing off the silent tear that roll down his cheeks. Honestly it was such a sight to see, a man crying because he was reading a book. At least that should have been your thought if you didn't over hear him over the phone earlier.

"Oh?" Your eyes widen as well as him upon your sudden gasp.

"It's been a while since I saw a copy of that." You chuckle, eyes fixed on the book on his hand.

Imagine the way he looks at you, slight dumbfounded beforebe blinks. Looking back and forth to his book and you. He shut it, wiping of the tear on his cheeks, he face you to your surprise.

"You know this?" Referring to the book he was holding.

"Yes? That's one of the first limited edition version of..."

Imagine as you kept going, the more you saw light in those turquoise colored iris. It almost had you chuckle how obvious he is that he was a fanatic of that book he was holding.

Imagine the whole flight you talked about the series of that book as well as the other works of the author in which you found out was his favorite causing you to chuckle over some time. But then fun times were cut off upon the arrival of the plane that both of you did not notice.

"Hey. I'm going ahead now, Mr?"

"Al Haitham." He said offering a hand.

"It's been a while since I saw someone as interested in these books. It was a good time." He admitted like an honest guy causing you to laugh.

"Well Mr. Al Haitham, have you book been signed?"

"Why all of a sudden?? But no. I was busy back in the days, why do you ask?"

"Give it to me."

Imagine the horror on his face as he watched you pull out a pen inhand while his book was on the other hand. Watching you signed the back of the book. You left a little note before handing it back to him who had one of the most interesting dumbfounded look on their face you have ever seen.

"It's been a while since I met a fan of mine. Take care, Al Haitham." You wave him a goodbye as you made your way out the plane.

Imagine the way he stood there for a couple of moments, taking his time to process it all. Things have been going slow for him since yesterday after all, and now this.

Imagine the way he run off the plane despite the warnings he got from the flight attendants. Looking for you as soon as he got out but you were out of his sight. So fast! He thought.

Imagine the on his way to the hotel he was supposed to stay, he opened the book in hand. Looking at the page where you signed, his heart skipped in delight of a fanboy. But then he almost dropped his book in hand as he saw a little note on the corner.

I had a good time.

See you when I see you, Al Haitham.

ᶜᵃⁿ ᵃˡˢᵒ ᵇᵉ ᶠᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᵒⁿ ᵐʸ ᵗᵘᵐᵇˡʳ ᵃᶜᶜ

[ⓒ𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓴-𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽-𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓸] 2023°