What is life?

TW: bed rotting
Modern AU

~~~~~~ No Ones POV ~~~~~~

A beautiful blonde boy he was. Wasting his life away in bed. Some of what are suppose to be his best years, say the adults in his life. He hasn't truly been to school in days. Haven't gone a full week in 2 years.

He used to be a top student. One of the best in his class. Not enough to be validatictorian but enough to get into a good college. He didn't really care much for school but at least tried to do good.

Now, he couldn't even imagine that anymore. He could never imagine having As and Bs anymore. Who even can maintain an A in math the way he use to? How did he even get to that point?

It's crazy that he was that. Now, he can't even get past a 40. His anxiety about it has been rough on him. To the point he can't even get out of bed anymore or take care of his own hygiene. That disgusted him. Absolutely made him feel horrible.

The alarm on his phone went off. It was quiet but loud enough to wake him up. He lazily reached over, eyes still closed and using his sense of touch and sound to find his phone on the dresser beside his bed. He knocked over a few things that were pilded on there before finally stopping the alarm.

A groan came from him as he remembered that he had school again. Even though he hasn't been all week. He knew his grades were down again but he just could not bring himself to care in that moment. He slowly let himself drift back into sleep. His mother didn't care or tried to care.

She didn't try to get him up. She doesn't care. She only cares about his other sibling. His sister has more talent then him. She's smarter. Prettier. He could never compare to her. It was so hard. To see his mother give her love. To give her love he never receives. She makes herself seem to be the victim in everything. As if she's the perfect parent. As if she tries so hard to give them a good life.

Yet here he is, in his bed rotting alone. Not once has she came to check on him. Not once has she cared enough to even call his name for something other than cleaning up something or getting her something. Something that involves herself.

And his father? He wishes he was dead. He spent 14 years of his life waiting for that man to love him. Waiting for that man to care. Waiting for him to give him a better life, something his mother could not give. He stopped waiting. That man hurt him. Physically, mentally and emotionally.

He's older now and realized everytime he was here, he was drunk. Caring about only himself. The only times he was here was when he needed something. He didn't come to see Aether. He didn't come to love him. He acted like it. It was heart breaking.

Now that he's older he's realized that he has no one. No mom. No dad. No one who actually gives a fuck. As he lays there, wishing, hoping someone would care. Praying for god to take him. Take him away so he didn't have to do it himself.

So he could stop mentally hurting himself. So he didn't have to be in this cruel world where all anyone thought about were themselves. How can people even be so selfish? It makes no sense.

He yearns for someone to love him. Someone to understand him. Someone to give him a chance. Just someone. He hates it. He feels so utterly alone. The same thing everyday.

The same thing continues to happen. He stays home in his bed. Can barely sleep but manages to feel absolutely exaughsted. His mother needed something from the store. Of course. He needed his help.

He lazily put something clean on and walked to the store. It wasn't far. He inhaled the fresh air. He loved being outside. He loved being any place. Anywhere but that damn room, in that damn bed.

As he made his way into the store, he bumped into someone. It was someone from his school. He didn't know them but he recognized them. Immediately, he felt heat waves on his face and his voice suddenly became shaky. He wanted to hide, dissappear. Run back home and crawl into that bed. His safe place. Under thoses blankets. Cuddled up.

This small inconvenience made him want to die. He felt like the world around him was suddenly watching him. The boy in front of him judging him as he spoke, "Sorry. I didn't mean to- are you okay?" He asked nicely. It was still scary. He didn't want to talk to this person. He didn't want to do anything. He couldn't even make eye contact with this boy.

He quickly walked past him, trying to get away from the anxiety that was eating at him. It hurt. He wants to cry. He feels alone again. Humiliated all of the sudden. Nothing even happened. He quickly got out of there with the things his mother asked him to get. As soon as he got him, he went to his bed, lazily kicking off his shoes and taking off his clothes.

Leaving himself in his boxers and a t shirt. He sighed in relief once he felt the comfort of his blankets. His mind wondered back to the interaction he just had with that boy. He had beautiful amber eyes and a nice smile. He seemed sweet enough but how could he know? Who could he even trust?

That person could never love him. No one could. He's unloveable. Tears stung his eyes as he drifted into sleep, tired for no reason.

~~~~~~ AN ~~~~~~

sorry this is more if a vent then a story.. I thought I had smth but then I didn't. Love you guys and stay healthy please.

1009 words