Part- 5

Hello! I'm back with another chapter. How are you all doing? Fine, I hope. Please vote and comment if you like the update. I'd be waiting for you feedback. 

Let's start...

Vicky entered the room. He looked around taking in the environment. He gestured towards Sana asking her about what's going on. She thought to tease him and made a crying face. 

"Let's talk Vikas" Sid indicated him to sit down on the chair near the bed while he himself sat on the edge of the bed. He grasped Sana's hand and made her sit beside himself. Vicky was scared. Not for himself, but for Sana. She is very sensitive in such matters. He knows she has always been cocooned by her family and himself. She needs to be protected. 

"Dekho Sid. Shehnaaz is innocent. I asked her to help me and she just helped me because she is a good person."

"Vikas, I know Shehnaaz had good intentions for doing this. The thing I want to know is why are you doing this? Aren't we your family? What was the need to do this?"

Vicky was taken aback with Sid's question. In their so called family, they didn't talk. Never directly address the issue. But he was relieved for Sana. At least she was happy. 

"Look Sid, I'm happy that you two are good but I can't tell you the reason."

"Why can't you tell me the reason? We're brothers. We're supposed to be each other's confidant."

"First thing first, we're not brothers."

Sid was shocked with Vicky's tone. He just coldly rejected Sid. 

"I think I should leave." Sana got up and left the room hurriedly.

"Do you not consider me as your brother? But why?"

"Look, it has nothing to do with you. It is the fact."

"What do you mean 'the fact'?"

"I'm your father's friend's son. He brought me home after my parents died in aeroplane crash." 

"So what? You've lived your whole life with us. You're our brother. Mom never made any distinction between us. She catered to three of us equally. Why are you so cold with us? Why didn't you ever visit us? You know mom missed you so much."

Vicky let out a chuckle. 

"What?" Sid asked grimly.

"If she missed me, why did she send me off to hostel? Do you know how old I was? Let me tell you. I was six years old. I didn't know how to do anything. I was left alone on my own. I cried so much. I called her to take me back home. But she never talked to me. I was bullied for 3 years. But everything changed when Sana came in." Vicky's face had a smile remembering their first encounter. 

"She came as a beautiful hope in my life. Do you know she was so cute? Just like a doll." Sid's eyes narrowed hearing her description. 

"She was bullied on her first day. But she didn't know that. She was confused to see people demanding her snacks. I couldn't control myself when they pushed her and snatched her snacks. Do you know I fought for her? And I defeated my fears. What I couldn't do for myself, I did for her." 

"Vicky, do you love her?" Sid asked him directly. He didn't like his brother's dreamy tone when he talked about Sana. 

"Yes, I love her as a friend, as her brother." he sighed with relief.

" Sometimes, as a father too."

"Have you met her father?" Vicky asked Sid was excitement.

"Yes. He's very protective for Sana."