Chapter Five

"Sophie move they're going to hear us!" Zaina giggles as we all push through the sliding door. "Why are you yelling?" Stephan groans. "She's not babe." I pat his shoulder. "Seren please don't yell." He groans again. "Get your drunk asses to bed." Jeremiah instructs. Tonight he was promoted to take care of us and make sure we were all in bed before two. "I'm not drunk Jere Bear." Sophie snaps. "I've got her." Gavin says rolling his eyes. He scoops her up and they disappear up the stairs. "Be quiet like a mouse guys." I whisper holding a finger to my lips . Zaina bursts into laughter and Zane immediately slaps his hand over her mouth. "Zaina go to your room." He whispers. "Bye!" She sings. "Oh god." Zane mumbles. "Zane shh they're going to know our secret." I giggle. "What secret?" He laughs. "That we're drunk in love." I sing giggling. "Sere your so cute." He laughs. "I think i'm plenty sober now." Stephan says flatly. He disappears upstairs and I glance at Zane. "I ruined everything." I mumble. "You didn't Sere. Let's just go to bed and we'll talk when you're sober okay?" He says placing a hand on the small of my back. I nod and head up the stairs quietly. I slip into my room and immediately climb under the covers. Zane disappears into the bathroom and a few seconds later walks back in with a glass of water and Advil bottle. "Take some before you sleep please and this is incase you need to throw up." He says holding up a small trashcan.

"Zane." I breathe. "Yes Seren?" He answers. "You're so kind to me. Guys are never kind to me. They just care about my body and my face." I slur. "I care about you a lot, I promise to always be kind." He says tucking my hair behind my ear. "Zane." I whisper again closing my eyes. "Yeah Seren?" He replies. "I really like you." I mumble.

"I like you too Seren."

The next morning I wake up to a knock on the door. "Yes?" I call. "Yo Sere, mom wants us all downstairs I think we're in trouble." Jeremiah says. I jump off the bed and open the door. "Why?" I ask. "Sophie was totally puking her guts out all night." His eyes widen. "I was not you prick." Sophie mumbles. "Good morning." Zane grins from his door. "Hi." I giggle smiling. "Morning princess." Jeremiah says wrapping his arms around Stephan. "Morning." He mumbles flatly. I glance at Zane worried and he winks back.

"Hello mother." Jeremiah sings. "Oh no, your cute faces won't cut it today all of you sit down." She instructs. I plop on the couch besides Zane and he swiftly kisses my cheek. "What time did you guys get home last night?" Melanie asks. "Twelve." Jeremiah blurts out. "Two we're sorry." Zaina blurts after. We all scowl at her. "Two a.m. huh? Were you all drunk?" She asks. "Tell the truth." Paul warns. "Yes." Zane nods. "I wasn't, I was the designated driver...I mean walker...caretaker? We live on the beach how do I word this?" Jeremiah says. "Wow thank you Jere I can always count on my oldest to make sure the twins and Seren and Koen don't drink and do drugs!" She shouts. "Sorry." He gulps. "Now what I really want to know is why I got a call from Molly Steinfields mother this morning. You guys all know I hate that bitch." She says. Sophie glances at me. "It was my fault. I let her get under my skin and um punched Molly." I say. "Yeah she laid that bitch out." Sophie bursts into laughter. "Literally she was on a chair and next thing you know lying in the sand." Zaina giggles. "Violence is never the answer you guys. As much as I hate that particular family this can't happen again." She says. "I'm sorry." I nod. "No don't be. Mom we hear were you are coming from truly but Molly was at Seren's neck all night. Sere only punched her because Molly was laughing about her dead mom." Zane says standing up. "In that case that is the only time that is acceptable." Melanie says and we all giggle. "No more fighting, no more sneaking in after twelve. No more drinking and doing drugs." She warns. "We're sorry." We all reply in unison. "That went a lot smoother then I imagined." Jeremiah says. "Mark my words if this happens again your asses will be locked in this house for weeks." She warns. We all nod.

"What should we do today?" Jeremiah asks. "Sleep i'm hungover." I mumble. "Me too, plus what else could we do it's raining." Sophie says. I sit up to look out the window but Zane pulls me back down knitting his eyebrows together in frustration. "Well Steph and I are going to hit up a movie." Koen says. "What kind?" I ask. "A zombie movie you would hate it." He assures me. "Zane boys day?" Koen asks. "No he wants to stay home with his girlfriend." Jeremiah snorts and Zane throws a pillow at him. "At least I could get one." He spits. "What? I could get a girlfriend easily. I could get your girl matter o fact. Sere let me wine and dine you baby." Jeremiah says. "Want a matching nose with Molly?" Zane asks and I giggle. "I'm just kidding. All love over here kiddos." He winks at me. "Love you Jere." I smile. "God don't look at me like that women." He groans. "Anyways we're going to go get ready." Koen rolls his eyes. "I'm exhausted." Zane groans. "Movie day in Sere's room." Zaina announces. "Come on." I say pulling him up. "Fuck my head." He groans again. "We could cuddle." I whisper in his ears. "Okay i'm up." He says.