Chapter Four

The next morning I head downstairs groggily. "There's our beautiful girl!" Sophie cheers. "More like shrek." Koen sneers and I shoot him a glare. "Shut up Koen." I snap sitting down. "Did you sleep well hon?" Melanie asks as Paul prepares a plate for me. "I did thank you." I smile. "So what's on the agenda today?" Paul asks. "There's some party we're going to hit up later." Zane says. "Are you ready to get your party on?" Zaina giggles waving my arm around. "Your mother and I are totally fine with you guys going to a party but lets go over the rules." Paul grins. "Oh god please no." Zane begs. "No drinking no driving or you'll end up dead in a ditch." Melanie sings. My eyes widen. "Mom stop!" Zane groans. "No flirting no banging or you'll be a disappointing bitch." Paul continues. "What is happening?" I giggle. "It's almost over." Stephan rolls his eyes. "And lastly no drugs or you'll never get another one of our hugs." They harmonize. I look at Koen and we burst into laughter. "Wow that was great." I cry. "Don't encourage them." Sophie hisses. "Now you guys can get your party on." Paul cheers. "That song makes me want to rebel even more." Jeremiah says. "You'd risk never getting a hug from me again Jere bear?" Melanie asks. "Mom please stop." He begs as she hugs him tightly. We all laugh. "So Zane that internship offer is up for grabs let me know by tomorrow and you'll be ready for the fall." Paul says. "Yeah i'll think about it." Zane smiles softly. "Think about it? Son you have a gift." He says. "Dad i've never performed surgery." He replies. "I know but you have skills like your old man. Remember when your buddy Gavin hit his head and needed stitches? You perfected it without any guidance that's a gift." Paul says. "Thanks." Zane laughs. "Okay well we're going to go upstairs and get ready for the day." Sophie says dismissing us all. "Thanks for breakfast." I smile. "Love you all." Melanie says.

"Knock knock." Zane smiles from the doorway. "Hi." I smile. "You excited for the party?" He asks sitting on the edge of the bed. "Yeah it sounds fun." I nod. "It's gonna be great." He grins. "You don't sound too excited about the internship." I point out. He lets out a loud sigh. "I am it's an amazing opportunity. My dads the second best surgeon at the number one best hospital in the country." He says. "Then what's bugging you?" I ask flopping besides him. "Listen not to sound cocky but I know i'm gifted like him. All my life i've been good in school. Skipped several grades and graduated early with a college degree. I just worry if being a surgeon is what I really want to do...like we're so young still. I'm only nineteen I just worry if I make this decision now i'll be stuck." He says. "Yeah that makes sense but I mean you'll never know until you try what if you love it?" I ask. He gives a small smile. "Yeah that's true but what if I hate it?" He asks. "Then you'll figure it out." I say. "Seren I love talking to you. I'm starting to realize you have this like aura and it's hard not to love." He smiles. I feel my face turn red. "I'm glad I could help." I say. "I'm going to tell my dad i'll take it under the condition if it isn't for me i'm done." He nods. "I believe in you." I say. He kisses my head. "You always did." He says. "What about you? What are your dreams?" He asks. "I think I want to be a nurse." I say. Why did that sound so silly to say out loud? "Seren in scrubs." Zane waggles his eyebrows and I giggle. "Well if you're interested I happen to know that depending on what classes you've already taken for nursing school if you qualify there's a tweleve week course that you can pass and then a position to work as a registered nurse at the hospital. We could work together everyday." He says. "Really?" I ask. "Hell yeah i'll talk to Paul right now." He says. "Oh my god thank you." I say wrapping my arms around him. "You deserve the world Seren." He says softly. He kisses my head once more and leaves.

"I can't wait to get drunk it's been so long." Sophie sighs. "Your parents won't find out?" I raise an eyebrow. Zaina and Sophie share a look and laugh. "We don't let them find out." Sophie laughs. "Yeah when we go out and party we make sure to come home once we know they've gone to bed. Each time one person is designated to make sure we get inside and up to bed quietly and just in general to home safely." Zaina says. "Well then let's get shit faced." I giggle and we all cheer. "Ugh i've just been so much happier since you guys have gotten here." Sophie groans. "Me too living with Koen is so boring." I giggle. "We have to live it up this summer. Zane's about to start working with dad and I think the boys were talking about working at some country club." Zaina says. "And I might be working too." I say. "What?" Sophie raises an eyebrow. "Yeah i'm in nursing school and Zane said he can talk to your dad about getting me a position at the hospital." I say. "What? Nooo it's going to be so boring all over again." Sophie whines. "You just want an excuse to be with Zane all day." Zaina waggles her eyebrows. "I do not." I say smackimg her arm. "Does this mean you're breaking up with Stephan because he's totally going to be heartbroken." Sophie points out. "Oh my god stop i'm not breaking up with anyone!" I yell. "You're dating someone?" Jeremiah says from the door way. Stephan pops his head in just as curious. "No i'm not..it was a metaphor." I say. "That's a relief." Jeremiah laughs. "Good to know." Stephan smiles. They walk off and I stare at the girls. "I mean seriously what the fuck am I going to do?" I ask. "I think regardless one of them are going to end up heartbroken Sere." Sophie says sadly. "Like I said the other day I can just not date either of them." I smile. "In your dreams." Zaina says. "Yeah that's a cute thought." Sophie smiles.