Chapter Fifteen

The next morning when I wake up Zane is sitting in the arm chair with his head in between his hands. I jump and his head snaps up. "Sere." He says. His eyes were blood shot and he looked exhausted. "Did you sleep?" I ask him. He nods but I knew he was lying. "How do you feel?" He asks me. "Better, I needed that sleep." I admit. "Sere you told me." He says. My heart begins to pound fast. What did I tell him? I had no recollection of last night. "That I love you? Well I do." I say. "No you haven't told me you love me actually you told me about Chad." He says. "Don't say that name." I sigh standing up. "Seren we need to tell someone." He says. "No. Nobody can ever know Zane." I argue. "Seren he deserves to pay for what he did. You don't deserve this." He cries taking my hands. "Zane we can't tell." I say. "Why not? Did he threaten you? Seren I already told Melanie." He says. "You really shouldn't have done that Zane." I sigh. "You having nothing to be scared of I promise." He pleads hugging me. "He said he would kill you. He said that nobody was going to believe me. And last night when he held up that gun...Zane I could never forgive myself if something happened to you." I whisper. "I believe you Sere. We all will. And you don't have to be worried about him. He won't do anything to me." He says. "Well it's too late now. Its been weeks." I say. "That's okay Seren. You have time still. I want him far away where he can never hurt you again." He says. I nod slowly. "I'll think about it." I tell him. "Seren I love you. Do you love me?" He asks. I nod. I wipe the tears from my eyes. "I love you so much Zane. I never meant to push you away and hurt you. He keeps telling me he's going to hurt everyone I love and care about if I don't stay away from you and somehow he is always fucking there." I cry. He pulls me into his arms. "I won't let anything happen. You are half and I am the other half completing you. It's you and me Seren." He says. "I love you." I breathe. "I love you." He says kissing me softly. "I'm sorry Zane." I whisper. "Why are you apologizing?" He asks. "I wanted it to be you. My first time. I really wanted it to be you." I cry. "Seren what he did to you wasn't love. What you and I have is love. We will still be able to experience love together for the first time." He says. "But what if you don't want me?" I ask. He chuckles. "I want to marry you Seren. I want to have kids with you and grow old with you. No measure of time will ever be enough with you. You are my person." He says. "Okay." I nod wiping my eyes. He gets down on own knee. "Seren, i'm going to propose to you very soon. And when I do will you say yes? Will you be my wife?" He asks. "Yes Zane. The answer is always yes." I say kneeling down. He cups my face and I press my lips to his. He leans back on the floor pulling me with him.

"You and me." He says. "Forever and always." I whisper.