Chapter Twenty Three: Zane's P.O.V

"What the fuck do you mean I can't see her?" I snarl. "Honey I already told you it is just until they take a report." Melanie says. "And then do you promise me you will take me to her room?" I ask. "Zane you just got out of surgery it is really important that you rest and keep your blood pressure down." The nurse tells me. "You want me to keep my blood pressure down? Then take me to fucking see her. I swear I will not sleep or calm down until so." I warn her. "I'm sorry can you give us a moment." Melanie says. She nods and walks out of the room. "Zane I understand you are angry right now and that you want to see Seren but you need to calm the fuck down or they will sedate you." Melanie says. "Mom I thought I was going to die. She literally tried to take a bullet for me. She held me in her lap even though he had shot her and promised me that I wasn't going to die." I say. "I know honey. I am so sorry that this happened to you guys." She sighs. "I love her more than life itself. I know you guys keep telling me that she is okay but I won't believe it until I see her. I need her next to me, I just need to feel her touch again please." I beg. "Soon my love I swear it okay?" She says. "Promise me?" I ask. "I promise you Zane." She says.

No words could explain what was going through my heart and mind. I longed for someone to love the way I wanted to be love and Seren gave me more than I could ask for. I wondered what I did to ever deserve her. Because of her I know heaven without death.