Krystal S.

Format of POV is Mermaid name, mermaid last name initial

This.

Hurt.

Like.

Crazy.

It's a few hours after I drank the 'potion', and I was feeling the after effects really hard.

I moaned, my stomach hurt like crazy, and I thought the potion breaker isn't working. I felt like I drank some poison. I don't get it! I found all the items, and said the magic words, then drank it and nothing happened until now.

Ugh, why did I have to be so plain stupid? I should've realized that I could never be a mermaid. Salt water is toxic to humans! I wasn't thinking correctly when I saw Lynne and that girl. I hoped for the impossible so much that it felt like it had to be real. I somehow convinced myself that just because I drank this random concoction and said some weird words I would magically become a mermaid. I sighed. I sat down on the beach shore, moving my feet every time the water came close. 

As the pain eased, I decided to take a walk along the shore line. The ocean looked beautiful on this starry night, and the sound of the waves were soothing. I took off my shoes and held them. The sand was so soft and warm. 

As I was walking, I walked straight into this guy, making me fall down. He looked about my age, maybe older.

"Hey watch where-," I cut off. His face was beautiful, everything about him was beautiful. I blushed, "Heh... Sorry.. I.. um-" he cut me off.

"Don't worry about it, I'm Adam by the way," he said as he held out his hand to help me up. I grabbed it thankfully and rested my hand on his. "Thanks, I'm Kalissa," I said as I directed my eyes into his dreamy brown ones. I guessed he noticed me staring for a while because he said, "Wow you have beautiful blue eyes..."

"Thank you, you have nice eyes too," I replied. What was he doing?

I heard someone from the boardwalk yelling Adam's name. "I'm so sorry, I have to go, um... will you meet me here tomorrow evening? I'd like to hang out with you more," he told me. He smiled as if to say pretty please?

"Sure! I'll be here, see you tomorrow," I said as I gave a wave goodbye.

He ran off. 

I sighed, he was so charming...
So handsome...
Everything I look into for a guy.

I think I'm in love.

:*

Sorry that it's extra short!

edited on 11/18/15 and 3/13/17