Lynne Lo

Coco Pebbles was really getting on my nerves. She almost killed me last year. Does that even matter to her?

No, it doesn't.

And her plan?

Ridiculous, but I was the only one who voted against it.

Tomorrow is Willow's Exte... I hoped it goes well. The whole 'drastic measures' thing she pulled last night was a bad move. Coco was going head first into criminal activity. Avoiding the Exte was illegal in so many ways. We could go into so much trouble.

But I was holding on for Willow. Willow needed every single one of us to survive with both her tail and legs. Including me. So I'm gonna hold it together.

>:|

It's the day. I'm watching in the crowd, watching everyone get called and discarded. So far everyone has chosen to stay in Aperanta.

The officials nodded when the chooser makes a choice. Then they muttered and the chooser shimmers and glows, marking the moment. They will glow for another week, making it known that they have gone through the Exte.

I go through the plan in my head once again:

Willow enchants herself with Krystal,

Coco brings up a distraction so Willow has more time,

and the rest is undetermined but 'it will come with time'.

I know, right?

Wait. Here comes number 14.

"What is your Exte, chooser?" the officer asked formally to the pink tailed merl.

The merl seems worried. But she still makes the bold choice. "Human."

The officer nodded glumly. Her parent and friends gasp in horror. There are some sighs within the crowd.

The officer tapped his bracelet, and whispers something.

The merl now has legs. Her choked, surprised, and remorseful face makes me angry, which quickly turns to determination. We need to disenchant the officers' bracelet.

I swam to gather up the group.

"What is it, Lynne? The plan is already dead-on." Coco frowned, watching the line of choosers shorten.

"No, it isn't." I huffed impatiently. "The officers don't have royal magic. Their bracelets do. We need to disenchant the necklaces to make it look like the ceremony is happening, but it really is doing nothing."

Daphne nodded frantically to Willow's direction. "Good watching, Lynne, but we need Willow's skill in magic! None of us could do that! I'm pretty sure that the officers made sure of it."

I do a little dance, worried and somehow amused. "None of you knows magic?" I gasped.

The girls shrugged pathetically.

"Did school mean anything to you?" I scolded. "I get an excuse 'cause I came only last year."

Coco smirked. "Which is totally why you're giving orders."

I frowned deeply at Coco. "At least I can do what you can't! You think your so smart because of dumb luck."

Coco just laughed her evil cackle she has. "Be calm. Lynne. Just be chill."

But my anger grows to the point magic is meaningless. "Don't you dare," I growled.

"Merls!" Daphne shouted. "Willow is next in line!"

I looked to Willow, and it's true. She was next in line, waiting to be asked the question from the officer.

Willow's already almost done casting her spell. She's safe. I let out a big breath. I knew it, I knew it. Willow would be safe from the officer.

But Coco shrieks frantically, pointing to Krystal. "SHE'S A PRINCESS!!"

The officer jerked his head toward Coco. His eyes trailed her arm and saw that she was pointing to Krystal. The officer narrowed his eyes carefully. 

:{

edited on 11/22/15