Willow T.

A million thoughts went through my head and I sighed to myself. This was, by far, the worst thing I have ever done. But I didn't want to be part of another plan. I knew that I was the only one who could think and act on the moment. So I ran and now I regret it like crazy. But what was done was done and that was that. All I had was me and my magic and I hoped that would be enough.

I had no plan. I was depending on the fact that plans usually come to me on the moment that I need one. So yeah, I was doomed.

"What is your business here?" a voice emanated from the palace wall.

"I am here for the interview," I said.

There was no response, but the grand gate opened and I swam inside.

I swam on and on but I continued to get lost. The palace was huge and elaborate. All the floors were paved with shiny precious stones. Lights lit up the hallways with waterfire and everything looked fit for a... princess. Wow I wish I was a princess... 

Then someone bumped into me and they gasped extra dramatically.

"Sorry," I mumbled and I didn't look at the person. I started to swim away until it occurred to me that they could give me directions. "Actually, do you know where the interview will be?"

"Yeah, in the courtyard! Take a left when you reach the end of the hallway and then keep going until you see a crowd of people." The kind man said, pointing down a random hallway. "There should be a sign that says 'INTERVIEW' so you should know when you reach the spot."

"Thanks," I said. I then proceeded to follow his directions. Soon enough, I reached the interview. No one was there yet. There was chairs everywhere and a stage. On the stage, their was a talk-show like theme, with couches and a small table. I could almost imagine Jimmy Fallon on the couch, talking about random stuff like he always does.

I sat down up front. The chairs had no cushioning but it was better than I expected. The sun streaked through the water, making the whole place brighter. It was an outdoor courtyard, and the water felt usually warm, as if it was heated. 

It was very boring, sitting alone in the grand atmosphere. I played with my hands until it got boring. I played with my tail until it got boring. I thought about life, but alone it was no use. I decided to come back to the courtyard and maybe explore more. Then I thought about it and decided that doing that would be a very bad idea. I would get lost and wouldn't be able to return.

Two other people swam outside. They sat down far away from me. One looked like a mother and the other one looked about my age. She was holding a camera. She had a marvelous lime green tail. The mother had a teal tail. They both had chestnut ringlets for hair.

"Go talk to that girl," the mother told her kid. "It'll be alright."

I strained my ears to hear the girl's response.

"No!" the girl said defiantly. "It would be weird.."

"Oh, look, the girl is coming up to you now," the mother said. She was right. I was swimming over to them. 

The girl instantly reddened when she looked at me. Her eyes fluttered to her mom, but her mom was "busy". It was obvious that she wanted her kid to get to know me.

"H-Hi-Hi." She said meekly. Her face was down and dark. Her eyes wouldn't line up with mine. I frowned. Maybe she thought my eyes were creepy and that I wasn't equal to her. That thought made me want to walk out on her. But I stayed.

"Hi.." I said. 

"Uh, I'm Adrie.. what's your name?" She said. She was gaining confidence in her voice. She finally looked into my gaze. 

"Adrie? Adrie.. Chase?" I whispered. I knew it was her. I wanted clarification. I didn't want to believe it was Adrie, my Adrie. The one who.

"Willow!?" She exclaimed. "Is that you?"

"No," I whispered. "It's not,"

"No, no, no.." she said. Her old personality bounced back on me. "I don't know what you think I did but I promise, I promise I can make it up." 

"Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God." I said. I wanted to go. But I wanted to know why she did it. So I stayed.

"My reasons changed, Willow. I was stupid and afraid. I was jealous! I'm only human." Adrie pleaded

"But you're not! You're not human, not anymore. You could of told me, you know. I would of understood. I would of shown you." I accused. "You were so close. You could of done something much worse than.."

"No, Willow. You left. You wouldn't let me explain. So I have to explain now." Adrie said in a more hushed voice.

"I think.. I think I need to go." I said, blinking up. I was on the verge of crying. I didn't want to seem fragile to Adrie.

"I'm telling you. I was jealous. I had an inflated sense of duty. I thought.. it would be a hero." Adrie's eyes glazed over. Her voice got stronger. The woman I thought was her mother was now intently listening to our conversation.

"Aleah. It was Aleah. I promise, I understood it was your secret, but it just happened." Adrie said. 

Suddenly it all made sense. 

"Mairéad Cafe, tomorrow at.. at noon." I said. Then I swam away.

I went back to my seat and ignored Adrie. I had a job to do. Adrie was not gonna stop me from saving Krystal.