Bus Route No-7 - Part III

A month passed since the incident, and Sivaangi was gradually returning to her normal self. During their travels, Ashwin made sure to be by her side and occasionally sent her messages when she was home. However, Sivaangi was unaware that Ashwin was keeping an eye on her during their breaks and wandering around her area on weekends. Although he didn't know why he was doing it, he felt it was necessary since Sivaangi had raised concerns about Praveen.

"Ashwin.. coffee adda kitta va" She sounded low and he immediately rushed from his mechanical workshop.

Ashwin saw her along with her close friend Anju who was also aware of her past, fidgeting with her shawl and staring at nothing in particular which meant she was nervous

"Ennachu" came his voice behind them.

"Ashwin, Praveen is here" Anju spoke on behalf of Sivaangi

"Where" Ashwin's eyes immediately scanned around though he was not aware who the person was.

"Not here... At Parking" Sivaangi's nervousness was evident in her voice as she looked at Ashwin

"How do you know? you said you had blocked him on the phone.. didn't you?" he was perplexed

So, apparently, after the incident Praveen attempted to call Sivaangi several times and she blocked him not wanting to budge for any of his cooked-up stories. She had decided it was done and dusted and there was never going back.

"We had come to drink coffee (a small coffee place that sat just beside their electrical block) here and he arrived from nowhere and suddenly stopped his bike and asked her to come to the parking for five minutes as he wanted to talk to her" Anju confessed clearing Ashwin's doubt

"What do we do," asked Anju as both Ashwin and Sivaangi were paused

"Sivaangi unakku enna thonudho adha pannuma.. You know it better" Ashwin didn't want her to go but at the same time he didn't want to stop her either, from doing what she thought was right

"Naan poren, but thaniya poga oru maari irukku.. Anju va kootitu pota" for which Ashwin shrugged

Sivaangi couldn't shake the feeling of unease about Praveen being her relative. Praveen's mother and Sivaangi's mother are cousins who have a close relationship. Praveen's mother was aware of his feelings for Sivaangi. However, Sivaangi had not discussed this with her parents because she knew they prioritised academics and would not approve of this relationship at this early stage. Moreover, Praveen had a bad reputation among their relatives, adding to her hesitation.

During their last encounter at college, Praveen was so intimidated and threatened Sivaangi that he would talk to his mother and ask her to talk to Sivaangi's mother to resolve the issue between them as he didn't want to break up with her. Although Sivaangi pretended to be brave and challenged him to continue with his plan, she didn't want to show him her vulnerability. However, she was worried about her parents' reaction if they found out about the situation. She feared that her actions would complicate the relationship between the families. Fortunately, Praveen did not carry out any such actions, but Sivaangi couldn't shake off the worries it had caused her.

For one last time, she needs to bring closure to this and overcome her fear. Ashwin vaguely knew the reason she wanted to meet him, and although he was concerned, he didn't want to stop her from doing so.

"Hmm, Ashwin.. neeyum variya" Sivaangi expectantly turned to ask him before moving out from the coffee adda.

"No nalla irukkaadhu ma.. Nee Anju va kootitu po, I'll be there around the parking lot.. Don't worry" he smiled assuring her

As she nodded and walked away, his heart thudded with each step she took. Although it was only a matter of five minutes, his heart couldn't take it. He gulped the lump in his throat and followed her to the parking lot. He hid behind a pillar in such a way that he could see their side view without being seen.