2-9

"Ginny Weasley."

TIME SKIP: THE NEXT DAY
After the breakfast feast, I rush out of the Great Hall, spotting Harry along with Granger and Weasley. "Harry!" I pant, "Y/n uhm- about yesterday.." I roll my eyes, cutting him off. "Forget that, it.. whatever. I have to tell you something." I said, taking a quick glance at Weasley and Granger who were staring at me. "What?" I furrowed my brows at the two. "What is it, Y/n?" Harry asked, ignoring them. "It's about.. The Chamber of Secrets." I whispered and from the corner of my eye, I could see Hermione widen her eyes. "Chamber of Secrets!?" Weasley said. "Shh!" I hushed the boy. "Tell me." Harry said.

"It can't be Hagrid- it just can't be!" Granger said, making me impulsively roll my eyes. "We don't even know this Tom Riddle! He sounds like a snitch to me." Weasley said, "A monster had killed a girl, Weasley! What would any of us had done?" I scoff, "Hagrid's our friend, Y/n. We'll just go ask him about it." Granger sighed, "well that'll be a cheerful visit. 'Why hello, Hagrid, have you set anything mad and hairy in the castle lately?'" I mimicked as she gave me a look. "Mad and hairy? You wouldn't be talking about me now would you?" Hagrid said from behind us. "No." We replied in unison. "Uhm.. well I best get going. See you later, Harry." I muttered softly before excusing myself out just to bump into my friends. "Oh, not you too, Y/n. You're friends with the mudblood too?" Lorenzo huffed, "Not anymore." I muttered. "What was that?" Draco asked from beside me. "Nothing. Uhm-" before I could continue, Theo and Zabini came charging towards us. "Y/n- we don't know who did it-" Zabini started before Theo cut him off, "something happened to your dorm!" Theo shouted before Zabini gave him a glare, "I was gonna say that, you jerk!" He shouted. "Wait, what!?" I shouted at the two.
We all ran up to my dorm which was completely destroyed. I turned over to see Daphne and Pansy who were arguing on who could've done this. "Whoever it was, they must've been looking for something." Daphne groaned, falling on her bed. Something. The diary! I rushed to look in my pile of stuff and.. I was unable to locate it. "And they found it." I sighed.

"What exactly were they looking for anyway?" Draco asked me. "Uhm.. some book." I cleared my throat. "A book?" He asked again. "Silence." Snape shouted as he entered the common room. "Due to recent events, we will be establishing rules, effective from today." He said slowly, "No student will be out of bed later than 6pm. All wards will be escorted to their classes and common rooms by a Professor- No exceptions." He spoke, exaggerating on the last bit. "And I must inform you that if the culprit is not caught, Hogwarts.. Will shut down." What? "That's crazy, they can't do that, can they?" I turned to Draco. "I don't know.." he responded with. "I've got to go." I muttered, quickly getting up as I ran upstairs to my dorm while Draco followed, "are you insane? Didn't you hear what Snape just said?" He furrowed his brows as I pulled out my invisibility cloak from my closet. "Well, you can come along again if you want." I smiled awkwardly, putting the cloak around my body. "... fine." He muttered silently after taking a glance around the room. "But only because I have nothing better to do." He sighed, getting under the cloak beside me. "Sure, okay, Malfoy." I smiled, pulling the cloak on above my head.

"How far exactly do we have to go?" Draco asked- again for the 5th time. "We've just got to find Harry." I answered, again, for the 5th time. "There, there he is. With Weasley." Draco sighed loudly at the sight of the redhead. "Quit whining, come on." I rolled my eyes, jogging up to Harry before removing the Cloak. "Y/n, thank god you're here." Harry let out a sigh before eyes Draco. "Yes, Y/n. Thank god you're here." Weasley muttered behind Harry, he too eyes Draco. "I have no interest in being here, she dragged me." He said quickly. "Shut up, I did not." I turned around to look at him before we heard McGonagalls announcement. "All teachers to the 2nd floor corridor immediately." Harry looked at me before the four of us went under our cloaks, running to the corridor where all teachers quickly assembled. "Our worst fear's come true- a student has been snatches by the monste." Professor McGonagall said right before Lockheart appeared behind them. "My apologies, I dozed off. What've I missed?" He asked carelessly. "A girl has been taken by the basilisk, I suppose your skills can finally be put to use, Lockheart." Snape answered. "S-sorry?" We heard Lockheart stutter, "weren't you saying just yesterday that you knew the entrance to the chamber? We'll leave you to handle it then." McGonagall said. "He's not gonna do anything." Weasley whispered loudly. "Shhh!" Draco hissed back. "Right- I'll be in my office.. getting my supplies!" Lockheart said before we heard his footsteps faint away. "Who is the girl?" Madam Pomfrey asked, "Ginny Weasley." My mouth gaped open as I turned to look at Weasley who was in shock. "Her skeleton will lie in the Chamber forever." I read out as the teachers slowly dispersed. "Ginny.." Weasley sighed.

"Lockheart may be useless but let's try get into the chamber!" Harry panted as we all ran towards his office. "Professor! We have some information for you." I said before looking around his room- was he leaving!? "Where in Merlin's Beard are you taking off to?" Draco scoffed. "Uhm- urgent call.. unavoidable!" He stammered. "What about my sister!?" Weasley shouted. "You're the Defense against the dark arts teacher." I shouted, "you can't go now." Harry continued. "Well, when I took the job, there was nothing in the job description about-" Draco soon cut him off, "You're running away? After all that you did in your books!?" He scrunched his nose up. "Books can be misleading." Lockheart replied, "You wrote them!" Harry said. "Boy, will you use your common sense!? My books wouldn't sell half as much if people didn't think I did those things!" This lying cheek. "You're a fraud. You're taking credit for what other wizards have done!" I scoffed, looking at him up and down. "Is there anything you can do?" Weasley said. "Yes. You see I'm gifted with memory charms. If I hadn't cursed them, those wizards would have gone blabbering. You know.." he scratched his cheek, turning his back to us. "I might have to do the same to you." The four of us quickly pulled out our wands before he could pull out his. "Don't even think about doing anything." I huffed as he lowered his wand.