3-1

"Oh yeah? Try me."

Diary of Y/n Potter
30th aug. 1993
Hello again. Yes, this time I'll be maintaining a diary to contain my thoughts. I cannot exaggerate more on how terrible the past two years at Hogwarts have been. I mean, I nearly get killed by a two faced (not metaphorically) man, then I miss the train to Hogwarts and Weasley almost kills me there too! And then I hear whispers at school then ugh!
I mean Hogwarts isn't all that bad. I've made some great friends; Pansy Parkinson, Daphne Greengrass, Lorenzo Berkshire, Theodore Nott, Blaise Zabini.. and Draco Malfoy. Now, I do NOT like Draco. Harry's been annoying me the whole summer just because Draco and I have been owling a lot. He's a friend, can I not talk to a friend? Whatever. I better get going, Dudley sr. has given Harry and I a bed curfew of 7pm. Crazy, I know.
xoxo, y/n

"Will you shut your wand-torch!?" I groaned, rubbing my eyes as I turned to my left to see Harry learning some incantations. "This isn't the time for that." I yawned, grabbing his book before throwing it down from my side of the bed. "Y/n, stop that." Harry grunted before we heard the door creak open. Harry quickly laid down, pretending to sleep as I rolled my eyes, sleeping for real.
"Lumos Maxima." Harry muttered again. "Harry, for goodness sakes!" I groaned, grabbing a pillow and covering my eyes with it while I heard him chuckle.

Alright, today was the day Dudley Sr.'s sister visited. I'm not gonna call her little sister, because she definitely was not little. The doorbell rang about a dozen times before Harry rushed to open the door as the woman shoved her coat into his arms.
"Uhm, uncle? I need you to sign these forms for Y/n and I." Harry said. Those were the permission forms to enter Hogsmeade, a little village located not too far from Hogwarts but I hadn't gotten my expectations high. "What is it?" Vernon asked, "Nothing really, it's school stuff." I answered on behalf of him. "Perhaps. If you behave." Vernon said, walking away. "Perhaps, if you behave." I mimicked his words as Harry shoved me. "Behave, Y/n. I really wanna go." He sighed in annoyance.
"Oh, you two are still here, are you?" Vernon's sister said. Well no shit we were here. "Yes?" I scoffed, stating the obvious. "Don't say yes in that ungrateful way. Damn good of my brother to keep ya, they'd been straight to an orphanage if they'd been dumped on my doorstep." I rolled my eyes at her comment before she went giggling towards her perfect nephew. "Take Marges suitcase upstairs." Vernon said to Harry, "you, make tea." He ordered towards me before walking away. "Okay." I sighed, walking towards the kitchen.
After they'd finished their dinner (which, by the way Harry and I didn't get any) I was standing near the sink, waiting to wash their dishes while Harry stood beside me. "You know, you're sure you don't fancy Malfoy?" Harry grinned. "Harry, I swear to god the next time you ask me that question." I warned the boy who put his hands up in surrender. "What are you two giggling at?" Marge- Vernon's sister said as Harry shrugged carelessly. "Where do you send the boy, Vernon?" She asked him. "St. Brutus'. It's a fine institution for hopeless cases." I almost snickered at that. "And the girl?" She asked, "oh. Uh, nowhere. She cooks and cleans here." I scoffed softly. "Good, good. Do they use a cane at St. Brutus' boy?" She asked Harry. "Oh yeah, mm." I tried surpassing a smile before speaking, "he's come home before with loads of wounds." I added as Harry, too, tried surpassing a laugh. "You mustn't blame yourself about how this one turned out, Vernon. It's all to do with blood, bad blood for both them." Bad blood? Where was she going with this. "What is it the kid's father did, Petunia?" She asked. "Nothing, he didn't work, he was unemployed." I scoffed at her response. "And a drunk too, now doubt?" Alright, that's enough. "No. He was not." I said, catching her attention. "What did you say?" She asked, but before I could answer, Harry did, "our dad wasn't a drunk." He raised his voice just as the glass in her hand shattered. I pinched Harry on the shoulder, signalling him to shut up as he rolled his eyes, rubbing the spot I pinched. "Don't worry, don't fuss Petunia! I have a very firm grip." She giggled. "I think it's time you went to bed." Vernon said as I quickly nodded, pulling Harry away. "Quiet Vernon. You, clean it up." She said, pointing at me as I grabbed a few tissues and towels to grab the glass and clean the stain. "Actually, it's nothing to do with the father." She started speaking before I saw Harry snap his head up in her direction. "It's all to do with the mother." I sighed noiselessly. Oh, Merlin. "You see it all the time with dogs, if there's something wrong with the bitch, there's something wrong with the pup." She said just as I threw the glass in the bin. "Shut up! Shut up! Just, shut up!" Harry shouted at her as the lights began flickering add wind got stronger. I quickly pulled Harry away as Marge's finger began to swell up-  then her face, her calfs, arms and soon her entire body as the buttons flew off her clothes and she began floating. "What the fu-" I muttered before Harry cut me off, dragging me to our room.
"Pack your bags, we're done for here." He stammered, quickly grabbing his owl, few clothes and books while putting his wand in his pocket. I, too, opened my suitcase, holding my wand in my hand as I grabbed my cat; Nicole and put her into her carrier while packing my books and clothing. "Come on, let's go quickly." He said, opening the door before my eyes landed on the picture of Mum and Dad. I sighed loudly, taking the frame as I pushed it into my huge pockets.
We then rushed down the staircase before Vernon cornered Harry. "You bring her back! You bring her back right now!" He spat, "No, she got what she deserved." Harry answered back before Vernon tried holding Harry by the collar. I quickly pulled out my wand, pointing it at him until he backed away. "Keep away from us." I said, "You're not allowed to use magic outside of school." He laughed nervously. "Oh yeah? Try me." I scoffed. "You've got nowhere to go now." I rolled my eyes as he said that. "I don't care, anywhere is better than here." Harry said.

We walked out of the house and onto a few empty streets before finding a small area to sit on. "Well, what now?" I sighed. "I don't know." Harry murmured as the rides behind us began moving. I turned in front to see an animal. "What the hell is that." Harry murmured, pulling his wand out before a bus pulled over. "Welcome to the Knight Bus emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. My name is Stan Shunpike and I will be your conductor for the evening." The man said, putting the note he was reading from back in his pocket, looking around before spotting us. "What're you doing down there?" He asked. "Fell over." I muttered before getting up and wiping the dirt off my flare jeans. "What you fall over for?" He asked again. "We didn't do it on purpose." Harry said, wiping his pants too. "Well, come on, then. Let's not wait for the grass to grow." He squeaked. I took a glance at the woods behind him where the animal was before he perked behind us too. "What are you looking at?" He asked, again. "Nothing" Harry sighed. "Well, get in!" The conductor sighed before we got in. "You ask too many questions." I told him, "I know." He replied.