(𝐒𝟏) 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟒𝟎

May be a long chapter.

————————

"𝐖𝐨𝐰, that was cringey." Tyler says a bit loudly. I deadpan at his loud voice. Taylor jabs his ribs. He winces as she does.

"I can hear you guys." Ashlyn tells us with an annoyed voice. I sigh. "Great going dimwit." I tell Tyler sarcastically. He rolls his eyes in response. Aiden and Ashlyn walk down the stairs and all of us start to head to our classes together.

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏

"𝐈'𝐦 pretty sure i fails that midterm." Taylor says with her head in her hands as she groans. All of us were currently at Ashlyn's house. Aiden and Ashlyn sitting in one couch while me, Ben, Logan, Tyler, and Taylor sat on the other.

Both me and Logan pat Ben's back in comfort. 'He seems so tense. I can tell he also thinks he failed the midterm.' I think to myself as i sweat drop.

"Oh yeah, my parents are coming back tomorrow." Aiden tells us. "Really?" Taylor asks.

I could see Ashlyn's dad  coming our the laundry room with laundry in his hands. I wave and smile at him. He smiled back and nods his head.

"Yeah, along with Ben's family. It'll be his little sisters birthday in a week, I think." Aiden says. Ben nods in conformation.

"Oh, they're coming back? They never told me." Ashlyn's dad says a bit surprised. "You talk to them?" Ashlyn asks her dad.

He dad nods. "Yeah, a bit, to give them updates on how Ben and Aiden are doing." He says as he places the laundry on a counter.

"Hmm.. should we have a BBQ?" He asks us. "..What?" Ashlyn asks a bit confused.

"It'll be a great chance for all of us parents to get together, y'know? We could have a big BBQ in the graveyard and also celebrate Ben's sister's birthday. If they don't already have plans." He explains as he smiles.

I slightly tense up a bit but manage to keep my composure.

"Sure! We can ask!" Aiden says excitedly.

"What about you, Taylor and Tyler? Logan? (Your name)?" Ashlyn's dad asks the rest of us.

"I'm sure my grandparents would love to come. They're big BBQ fans themselves." Logan says as he smiles.

"We'll ask." Tyler answers for him and Taylor.

"Great!" Mike says as he smiles and turns to me. "And you (Your name)?" He asks.

I shift in my seat a bit awkwardly and nervously as i come up with an excuse. "Uh, my parents have been out of town for a while. I'm not sure when they'll come back. So it'll just be me coming." I give him the best smile i could muster.

He nods in understanding. "That's fine. I do hope we meet them soon." He tells me smiling. I look to the side. 'I don't think you will be able to ever meet them.' I think to myself as i eternally sigh.

He then looks at his watch. "Oh! You kids should probably leave soon, it's already almost 5." He tells us.

"Ah right.." Ashlyn says. "You sure you don't want me to take you guys?" Mike asks.

"It's not too far of a walk.. plus the keep doesn't have enough seats for everyone." Ashlyn tells him. "..Well actually- i made a small upgrade to the jeep." He says as he rubs under his nose.

We all look at him confused and he takes us outside to head to the jeep.

"This is not ideal." Tyler says as he sweat drops with his eyebrows furrowed. I sat next to Taylor, we both sweat dropped at Tyler's words. Tyler was sitting on the side next to her. Aiden, Logan, Ben sitting in front of us. Then of course, Ashlyn and her dad in the front.

Ashlyn's dad chuckles. "But at least it works haha." He bagan to drive to the arcade, it was overall a peaceful ride there.

We then got out the car once we got there. "You kids have fun! Call if you need anything!" Ashlyn's dad tells us smiling.

"We will!" We tell him in unison. He nods and drives off. Taylor then turns to look at Ashlyn.

"The arcade is fun and all.. but see you sure you'll be okay, Ashlyn?" She asks her a bit nervously.

"We're supposed to be celebrating and relieving some stress.. I don't want you to be uncomfortable the whole time.." She tells her worriedly. I smile at her concern. 'Taylor is such a sweetheart.' I think to myself.

"Yeah, i'll be fine. These are pretty great at canceling noise out. I should be fine." She reassures Taylor as she puts her noise canceling headphones on.

"Plus, i've never been to an arcade. I'm curious." She tells Taylor. Logan nods in agreement. "Me too." He says as he scratches his cheek in slight embarrassment. I chuckle and tilt me head towards the arcade and we enter.

"Hello, welcome to the arc-" A familiar voice greets us as it cuts off. I quickly turn my head towards the voice. I then grin. "Hey Josh!" I tell him as i wave.

"It's been a while! You keep leaving early whenever i get to the convenience store i barely see you anymore. How've you been?"

He smiles. "I've been fine, thank you. And i've been in a rush to leave because of my sister, she recently came into town and she moved in with me." He tells me and i nod in understanding.

The others seemed to look at both of us in confusion. I chuckle. "How come you work here?" I ask him a bit confused. "Oh, i just wanted some extra cash y'know?" He says.

I nod and chuckle. "I see you're with you friends. Have fun and enjoy you're time here, yeah? I'll be here at the counter if you need anything." I nod.

I then turn to look at the others, they only looked at me in confusion. "Oh, thats my co-worker Josh. We work at the same convenience store." I tell them smiling.

Ashlyn's seemed to narrow her eyes at him. "I've got a bad feeling about him." She says. I shake my head and nervously chuckle. "Maybe you're just being paranoid?" I question.

She then shrugs. "Maybe." She then turns and looks at the DDR machines. Both me and Aiden seemed to notice this.

"I bet i could beat you." He tells her grinning. She looks at him a bit shocked before she relaxes and grins. "How much?" She asks.

'I can't get over how pretty she looks when she smiles.' I think to myself as i smile and glance at Aiden. He seemed to be taken by surprise at her grinning. I could see the slight red tint that covers his cheeks.

I smile a bit more. 'They're so cute together. They way he looks at her is so adorable.' I think as i continue smiling at the both of them.

"Oh! Oh! I'm good at DDR too!" Taylor says excitedly. "I-i know how.. but i'm not good at it." Logan says nervously.

I chuckle and playfully hit his shoulder. "I'm sure you're good at it. Just let loose." I tell him as i smile. He smiles back and goes towards the DDR machines.

Ashlyn was going against Aiden, Logan was against Taylor. Me, Ben, and Tyler watched them.

As time went by at the arcade we had a wonderful time together. Taylor and Tyler played against each other in a basketball shooting game. Ashlyn giving Taylor some tips.

Then, during Air-hockey Logan got hit in the head while Tyler and Ashlyn were playing against each other. Me, Taylor, and Ben checked up on him to make sure he was fine.

Then Ben and Logan played against each other in a shooting game.

Ben punching one of those punching machines to get tickets. Let's just say we had a bunch of ticket from that solely.

We continued enjoying ourselves, the entrence to the arcade then chimes. I look over to glance on who came in.

I ball up my hands and i glare at the people who came in. That being,

Barron and his group of friends.