(𝐒𝟏) 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟒𝟕

𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐥𝐲𝐧 then sees the school and takes a right at the end of the road. As she drive through we see a few cars on the road. Of course nothing Ashlyn can't go around.

One thing i have taken notice was the steep cliff. Gives me a bit of chills to be honest. Everything about our situation gives me the chills.

I can't get rid of the dreadful feeling in my gut. It makes me really uneasy.

I didn't want to pay much attention to this feeling as it could just be me being paranoid. I've always been paranoid at most stuff.

'What if something really bad happens? Now that i'm thinking about it, what if there's something else besides phantoms? No, right? That's can't be it right? Maybe? Maybe if there is, maybe getting injured won't be so bad right? Uh, actually let me scratch that.' I think to myself as i cringe at the thought.

'What if someone gets hurt? No, i can try and prevent it. Yeah. Even if i get hurt in the process.. as long as they'll be fine, i think. But what if i can't do anything about it-' My train of thoughts then get cut off as i feel a warm hand on top of mine.

I get slightly startled and look at the hand. I look and see it was Taylor's. She looked concerned.

"..Your hand was shaking.." She tells me whispering.

I look at her confused and see that it was shaking. I sigh and smile slightly at her. "I'm okay. Just a little paranoid-"

I get cut off by Ashlyn as she takes a swerve and says. "What the-?!"

"Woah!" Taylor yells slightly startled. Everyone tilt to the side as she swerved. I slightly yelp as i feel Tyler bump into my shoulder.

He gives me an apologetic look and slightly holds my hand with his free hand that wasn't holding his flashlight. He then glance at Ashlyn as he furrows his eyebrows in irritation.

"What was that for??" He asked her confused.

"There was a giant tree root in the road-?" She says confused as she glance out the driver window.

"..That's strange.. this road is usually well-maintained.." Logan says in confusion, he then yelps and stumbles in the back, as Ashlyn goes over a tree root.

"Are you sure this is the right road?" Ashlyn asked him to confirm.

"I'm positive.. but there were never roots in the way." Logan tells her to confirm. He gets up and fixes his glasses. He then leans and looks over where the windows were supposed to be.

"Ah! Yeah, there's the gas station the we usually.." He trails off slightly and furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "..Pass?" He finishes his sentence.

We all turn to look at the gas station. It looked worn out, and well.. abandoned. It had vines growing on it.

"That's.. not a good sign." Tyler says in a mildly sarcastic voice.

Taylor slowly let's go of my hand as she look at the gas station with furrowed eyebrows.

"This is getting uncomfortable.. maybe we should find a different road-" Ashlyn then cuts herself off as her eyes widen. I feel chills run down my spine.

Ashlyn then picks up the speed increasingly. Tyler then grips onto my hand tightly. "Hey-! What's with the sudden speed??" Tyler asked in confusion as he furrows his eyebrows.

She goes over another tree root. We all yelp in surprise.

"Ashlyn, what are you doing?" Tyler asks in both concern and irritation.

"..Ashlyn, what's up..?" Aiden asks her in his calmest voice. I could see Ashlyn grip the steering wheel.

"Something.. there.. there was something in the trees.." Ashlyn tells us with a shaking voice.

The road becomes more ragged. "What happened to the road??" Taylor asked in confusion as she turns around and turns back around.

"Ashlyn, we should turn back! Something obviously isn't right-" Tyler tells her sternly.

"-We can't." Ashlyn says in a calm voice as he voice slightly quavers.

"Why not?!" Tyler asked in annoyance.

"Because-" Ashlyn trails off. I then chime in. "..It's right behind us.. isn't it?.." I say, my voice quavering.

Ashlyn stays quiet as she grits her teeth, sweat dripping down her forehead. I become really uneasy. Then i could hear the thumping of footsteps behind us. Tyler grips my hand as sweat also drips down his forehead.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬/𝐖𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞;
𝐇𝐞𝐲, 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨𝐨, 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤! 𝐈 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤. ❤︎︎

𝐈 𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝐠𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐞𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭. 𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐳𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐫. 𝐈 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐲𝐩𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠. 😭🙏

𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩. 𝐁𝐮𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐢'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞. 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬.

𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐲, 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫. ت

𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐡𝐨, 𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲! 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟!

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫/𝐖𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫;

𝐘𝐮𝐫𝐢.