Chapter 43

This chapters dedicated to @RocierraSpicer who literally voted and commented on like all of my chapters and gave me some awesome feedback. Thank you so much @RocierraSpicer! You basically motivated me to finish the story :3 🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰 I made you cake to say thank you :D now onto the story!
_____________________

|| Saya ||

The entire way to the ramen shop dad was lost in his own world entirely. His brow was furrowed and his jaw clenched. I left him alone though, whatever was troubling him was probably some big important political thing that would bore me half to death.

Cuan-kun had chosen to stay home alone, he wanted to rest after all the running around and metal training we had done that day. By the time I got home he would probably be sprawled out on my bed snoring quietly like he always does.

"Saya... " Dad almost whispered over to me.

I turned and looked curiously over at him. His face was full of sorrow for a moment before he flashed he a cheeky grin. "What kind of ramen do you want?"

I dismissed the sadness and thought for a moment, tapping my chin before grinning back, "beef"

This seemed to surprise my dad. I almost always got pork unless forces otherwise, but after a long workout like today I wanted something more hardy for my growing muscles, and beef sounded perfect.

"That's different" he commented.

I shrugged, "what are you getting?"

He just smiled and turned back towards the road, before shrugging.

Probably pork I thought matter of factly before continuing towards the shop.

Surprisingly we were the only two in the shop when we entered, which was really odd seeing as it was dinner time. Dad greeted the worker before settling into his seat and placing out order. I was right, he did order the pork bowl.

We say in silence while our food was being prepared and didn't speak until I was about halfway threw with my first bowl. Dad hadn't touched his.

"Saya..." He began again, "I wanted to talk to you about you being a ninja..."

I froze, swallowing the food I had been chewing really hard. "What about it..."

"I think maybe, it would be best if you weren't a ninja anymore.." he tried to say something else but I cut him off by slamming my hands into the table.

"WHAT?!" I shrieked. I felt my chakra spoke with my anger and a low growl deep in my mind.

"Saya you-" dad tried to start again but I quickly interrupted him.

"How could you even say that? Even think that! All I've ever wanted to be was a ninja! You want me to just roll over and be some house wife?!"? I demanded.

"Did I say that?" He snapped back. " You almost died!"

"Ninjas die." I glared at him. "They die everyday. Did you think I wouldn't ever be in danger when you let me join the academy? Did you think I'd never get hurt? I won't stay in the village babysitting some royal brat and plucking leaves out of some old mans garden for the rest of my life! You can't keep me in the village forever and ninja or not I will always be a target because you are my father." I was standing on my chair screaming in his face at this point.

Dad gripes the side of his pants before standing up and towering over me. " Your mother cried every night and day you were gone. We couldn't eat. We couldn't sleep. Saya ninjas don't get ripped apart the way you did. I won't allow that to happen again. You are staying here in the village and that's final!"

Before I could react he reached out and tore my headband away from my body gripping it tightly.

"You are no longer a ninja. You will no longer be permitted to go on any missions, no matter what they are. You will stay here in the village. Understand?" He growled threw gritted teeth.

The anger inside me started to spill out. I felt betrayed, beated and destroyed. The devastation threatened to overcome any rational thinking I had left.

"I hate you." I growled.

Dad looked as if I had physically stabbed him. The pain of my words running deep.

Before he could say another word I flashed away, hiding my chakra signature and collapsed into a mess of tears and anger on the roof of an apartment building a few blocks away.

"Saya!" I heard dad calling me, but I'd been trained from am early age to run and hide. That's what he wanted me to do after all. Run and hide from the world. From my life.

The anger was good for one thing at least. I no longer had a problem connecting to Cuan-kun no matter how far away he was.

"Cuan." I commanded.

"Saya?" His voice was crystal clear, "where are you?"

" Gather some things together on my bed. We're leaving." I growled.

"To where? What happened?" He asked frantically, but he followed my command and started to gather things together.

"We're running." A answered bitterly.