Chapter 1: Art

||P.O.V. Saya||

"Saya!"

My name rang out in the streets at full volume. I ran at top speed from the five or so ninja that where chasing after me. All of which where Chunin. There headbands glistened in the sun as they ran, proudly showing off our villages symbol.

"Saya, you get back here right now!" Konohamaru Sarutobi's voice called the loudest, almost completly drowning out the others. I pushed myself faster racing down the crowded streets.

The Hidden Leaf village blurred by as I ran. People where going about there day as they normaly would. Families were moving in and out of stores, laughing and talking to friends. As I ran down the street my nose filled with the mouth watering aroma of ramen, but not just any ramen... Ichiraku's ramen! I smiled lightly as I ran by. Memories of me and my father slurping ramen and getting into eating contests filled my mind.. Maybe I'd ask him to take me there later... If he wasn't busy.

Suddenly I wasn't running anymore. I was hanging upside down by my left ankle. I looked up and saw Konohamaru's smiling down at me. Only he looked annoyed, a vein stuck out of his forhead and his face was red.

"Saya..." he began slowly, thinking about his words before he said them. "Whats that?" he asked and pointed towards the mountains where several faces where carved. They watched over the villages people; one of them being my father.

"The Hokage's faces" I answered simply. A couple people whispered as they walked by looking at us with couiosity. Another vein popped out of Konohamaru's forhead.

"No..." he said threw his teeth, "That..." I looked closer and laughted. A long streak of paint decorated my father's face's upper lip.

"It's art!" I smiled up at him my green eyes twinkling, he wasn't amused.

"You painted Boss's lip! Do you have any- ugh!" he lifted his arm so my face was right next to his. Shadows hung across his face as he glared at me.

"You don't know I did it!" I protested. I had, but there was no way I was going to admit it to Konohamaru! Even if I had only painted my fathers face. If he had his way I'd be tied to a pole in the middle of the village with a big sign on my forhead that said "artist" on it. Most likely upside down to...

"There's paint on the bottom of your shoe!" he yelled into my face.

"so!" I objected, yelling back into his "that could have come from anywhere!"

"it's the exact same color as the paint on the mountain, AND it's fresh! Don't lie to me"

I started to squirm around in his grip, kicking and throwing blind punches. Konohamaru bearly even noticed! He just help me out farther. People had stopped to watch us now.

" Konohamaru!" I shrieked, "your messing up my hair!" I tried desperately to smooth the streight blonde hair that was starting to frizz.

He just laughted at me. He knew better then anyone that I didn't care about my appearance. I'd come wandering into the village on more the one occasion with twigs and leaves tangled up in my hair. I stopped messing with my blonde locks and glared at him. But the people watching us didn't know that.... But no one steped forward to help me.

"I think it's time we paid your father a little visit... You can tell him all about your 'art'"

I started up at the ninja that was holding me by my ankle wide eyed. Although I wasn't afraid of my father, I had him wrapped around each of my fingers twice, he would tell my mother... And my mother I was afraid of.

"NO!" I screamed and tried to get lose again, but I ended up just wiggling around like a fish in the hungy hands of a fisherman.

"well that's what you get Saya!" Moegi's voice preached. I twisted around trying to find the face the went along with the voice. One I found it I glared right at her.