Chapter 46

|| Saya||

Aki was sitting with his back against a pine tree. The forest spread out around us. In the distance you could hear the sounds of the leaf village crumbling to the ground faintly.

How did we get here?

Aki was panting slightly. Struggling to control his breathing. Scratches and cuts covered his entire body, his chakra levels low. Did he flash us here?

But why?

When?

Aki just stared down at me expectedly. Other then his forced breathing he didn't move. His arms were solidly wrapped around my waist, cradling me.

He must have carried me here.

Without breaking eye contact with him I pulled back. He let go of me easily, and visibly relaxed.

I scooted away from him. Staring at him in silents.

Aki opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. After a second he stood and finally broke eye contact with me.

"We need to keep moving. I have orders to get you as far away as we can possibly get." he said lowly. I almost couldn't hear him.

"No... No we need to go back"
Aki looked back at me. A million questions in his eyes.

"Saya we need to leave. You almost died. If the Hokage hasn't sent me to find you and escape you would have been." his voice turned cold.

"What kind of ninja freezes like that anyway. Even you could have taken that solider."

He was right of course. I did freeze. Ninja don't freeze. We fight.

"Where's Cuan?" I whispered back. The last thing I wanted to do was show weakness. Especially to Aki but I couldn't bite back the tears flowing down my cheeks.

Aki's eyes softened a bit, pity in his voice "somewhere in the village. I couldn't grab both of you."

"You couldn't grab a five pound dog?" I snapped back.

"I wouldn't have had to if you hadn't have froze" he growled.

I couldn't do this. I couldn't sit here fighting with Aki while Caun and the rest of my village was fighting for there lives.

I jumped from the tree and started towards back towards the village.

A hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

The sound of my hand slapping against Akis face echo'ed threw the trees.

We stood like that for a long moment. Both of us glaring emotions into the other. My eyes sang with hatred as his screamed with determination.

"Saya-"

"No!" I screamed before trying and failing to pull my wrist free.

"There taking people..." Aki whispered.

I just stared at him. Waiting for him to explain.

"The attackers. There kidnapped any one who isn't dead. Taking them back to whatever hole they crawled out of." Aki growled his eyes glowing with anger and hatred.

I didn't know why the butterfly queen was taking people. But I do know what awaited them back at the castle. Especially for the ninja.

I glanced down at the butterfly carving on my wrist, which Aki still had a solid hold on.

"We need to help them" I stated. My tone was flat but it was my turn for my eyes to tighten with determination.

"We will." he stated back, tightening his hold on my wrist.

"We'll go to the other villages and-"

"No" I growled again.

"Yes" he stated. His chakra levels started to rise, preparing himself of the fight.

I willed my anger to bubble up. Letting the orange poison seep threw my veins. Metallic blood filled my mouth as my teeth elongated against my lip, my nailed sharpened.

Id never had control like this. The fox demon only snatching control of my body when it could. When i was weak.

But now I was in control. The foxes chakra thawed any ice left in my body. I wanted to fight.

For once I wanted to fight back.

Aki seemed to sense this and let go of my wrist.

"You'll get us both killed. Or captured" he stated.

I ignored him and started back towards the village.

No more running away.