Qiblis warm embrace

Winter walked alongside an unsure Clay along the halls of the Academy, expecting to head straight into the principals or outside because he was being kicked out. Winter was still crying and sniffling however he was no longer sobbing 'maybe Qibli did help with that? but why would he? we are both from separate tribes why should he care?' Winter thought to himself, still thoroughly depressed from the previous situation. 

"Winter come fly with me for a little bit" Clay told winter. "Oh-uh o-ok" Winter stammered still not being able to comprehend what he just did and what happened earlier in the prey center. Winter and Clay were getting close to the entrance of the school but before that a small group of about 4-6 dragonets stood idly by the sides of the hallways and giving Winter judging glares and he heard them call him a lunatic that deserves to be in an asylum. 'I don't deserve sympathy for what I just did, I deserve every ounce of negative actions and words from these dragonets, it was my fault' Winter thought not even trying to defend himself. 

Clay however told the dragonets to leave Winter alone and they swiftly obeyed his commands. Winter and clay finally made it to the entrance, exited the mountain, and started to take a small flight around the school. "So, tell me Winter what exactly happened? you can tell me the truth it won't get you into any more trouble" Clay asked Winter only wanting to know what happened. "Don't you already know?" Winter asked. "Well, the first thing I saw when I heard all the commotion was you shoving me out of the way clearly on the verge of tears". This statement only made Winter sadder 'What is wrong with me?'.  

Clay, seeing as he was just making the situation worse, changed the subject. "Well how is that scavenger of yours's? I saw you run out with it" "He-he's fine a little bit of a disappointment like me but" Winter managed to stammer out. "Hey, don't talk about yourself like that you're an amazing dragon you just made a wrong decision that's all" Clay said to Winter in an effort to cheer him up and succeeding because winter stopped crying. 

After a while they made their way back to the entrance of Jade Academy where Sunny and Tsunami were waiting for them. Winter was expecting Tsunami of all dragons to be upset and have to be calmed down by Clay and Sunny. But against his better judgement she did not, although she looked like she wanted to 'That's uncharacteristic of a dragonet who was the angriest of the talons of peace' Winter thought to himself. 

"Hey, how did the flight go?" Sunny asked Clay. "It went well actually" Clay said cheerfully. Winter was told he was to follow Sunny and Tsunami back to their "principals" office. Winter was told by Tsunami that he was in ISS or In School Suspension and could only leave his room if he had to Bathe himself or had to go to the bathroom for a week and when it was time to eat, he must be escorted by either Clay, Tsunami, or Sunny. Furthermore, he was to be separated from that Mudwing for the rest of the school year meaning that the Mudwing was in a different Winglet, and he could not interact with him on their free time. Sunny suggested to winter to come to Therapy sessions where sunny could help him with his mental health Winter however, declined it saying that he was an Icewing and that he could handle it on his own despite Sunny suggesting that he should come. 

Finally, he was able to leave the office and he was escorted back to his room where surprisingly this time, he was not bothered by any other dragonets. He made his way into his room where Moon, Kinkajou, and Qibli were gone from it. 'Probably still in class after all' Winter said to himself, remembering the schedule that he read earlier.

Winter flew up to his cliff and landed on the bear pelt, still wet from winters tears although now he didn't care he just wanted a spot where he could forget what happened today. 'I kind of feel bad for that Mudwing' winter thought to himself as he remembered how he cried after Winter struck him 'Don't feel bad for that fat fool you were doing what an Icewing 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 do' Winter retorted to that other, softer part of him. 'Why can't everything make sense? why can't I just know how I should feel? and most of all know who I do and do not care about' Winter thought as an image of Qibli came into his head. Winter laid down on the bear pelt and closed his eyes and fell asleep still shaken from the toils of today.

Winter awoken somewhere between 4-5 hours later due to a rumbling stomach, he was starving, he remembered he could not just go to the prey center to get something he would have to be escorted and he could not leave either, so he was forced to wait. But luck was on his side this day because the bell rang 5 minutes later, and Sunny came later to escort him. 

As the couple went towards the prey center Sunny tried striking up a conversation.  "So Winter are you feeling alright? you seem a little better" sunny said with a sweet voice. "I guess" Winter replied. "You do know my offer still stands and you can come in anytime you like" "I'll consider it" Winter replied, not straight up saying no for a change. 

When the dragons entered the prey center Winter was met by looks from the dragonets when they turned to look at him, but they quickly returned to whatever they were doing. Winter noticed Moon, Qibli, Kinkajou and a new Seawing all sitting together laughing and talking. The sight of their joy made Winter jealous, but he could not do anything about it. Only Qibli seemed to notice Winter's arrival as he was facing the entrance and the Seawing next to him did not seem to recognize Winter. 

Qibli did seem to care about Winter enough because he only gave a small wave so that nobody would notice. Just what Winter wanted just for dragons to not pay attention to him at least, not for now.

Winter grabbed a couple of appealing hawks and a bucket of water as and put it onto a tray and made his way back to his room with Sunny. This time there was not any conversation on the way back just silence. Winter made it back to his room where Sunny told him to enjoy his lunch and left. Winter ate the hawks rather quickly but was careful to not make a mess, and he drank the water quickly to satiate his thirst but before Winter put away his tray he made sure to save a respectable chunk of the hawk and gave it to Bandit along with a small amount of Water into a small cup meant for the smaller dragonets back at the prey center.

After Winter was done eating, he went back up to his cliff wanting to take a nap, but he could not, his mind was racing with thoughts. 'Do they seem happier without me and with that Seawing? Why does Qibli care enough about me to not draw attention to me almost as if he knew what I wanted?' Winter questioned himself again and again and again before finally he tried himself out and fell asleep.