Chapter 5: Eli

"What the fuck." I said.
Neither me and Jasper expected to see what we did. The root somehow entered Jasper's apartment and started stealing things...
"So it's not dead..." Jasper said. He was holding a big knife, trying to cut it. "But, darn, how thick can this root be?!"
I shrugged. "Maybe we should get something sharper?"
"Yeah, like a razor blade." Jasper mumbled. He tried cutting the smaller roots btu failed. He then hit the root with his leg and it retreated back a bit, embarrassed.
Jasper sighed. "I guess I'll call a gardening organization or something... this isn't normal." He said, taking back the objects the root has stolen.
"So you're just gonna let it stay here?" I asked.
"Don't you see there's no way for us to cut it?" Jasper said.
"Maybe you just need a sharper tool."
Jasper rolled his eyes. "Okay, but if you could tell me from where too it would be extraordinary."
I sighed. It was already 4 PM. I still had loads of time until mom was gonna come home.
I messaged my sister to ask if she was there. I didn't know if I wanted to stay at Jasper for the rest of my time without mom.
"What do you want to do?" he asked.
"Well... Don't get me wrong but... I think I'll text my sister to see if she's home so uh... she could take me."
Jasper looked disappointed. "Oh. I see. And what if she isn't home?"
I shrugged. "I'll just go by myself. We live only four streets away."
"Yeah... Well, and uh... I don't wanna seem weird but... why do you wanna leave?"
I didn't know if telling him that he's weird was the best option, but I just went with whatever I had in mind.
"Well... I have some stuff to do there, and uh... I have those respective supplies for it at my house so um... yeah..."
Jasper looked at the ground. "Oh. I see. Well... bye, then. Stay safe." He said.
I waved to him, then left the apartment complex as fast as I could.
"Okay, but what the fuck was that place." I said while walking back home.
I honestly didn't want to be straight up rude to him, and genuinely hoped I didn't make him feel sad, but I didn't think I wanted to stay there anymore.
"Maybe it was kind of foolish of me. He only wanted a friend and now I'm saddening him. He's already looking depressed."
I got to my street. Not long till I got home.
My eyes were hopping from a door's number to another. "5, 7, 9..."
Not many more till I got to my door. Then I got there. "13", the shiny number was announcing.
When I was looking for my keys though, I realized I haven't gotten them. Then, I remembered I texted my sister to ask her if she was home or not, so I took my phone and saw I received a notification.

"Haven't I told u I'm w/ mom for the job appliance??" the message said. I could imagine her rolling her eyes and saying it with that specific pissed off voice of hers.
I sighed. So I had no keys and I couldn't return to Jasper cause he would be genuinely so weirded by my presence.
"I mean, I can climb to my room by my window..." I mumbled, going to the house's backyard where my window was.
As I was expecting, it was wide open. I found a ladder and used it to climb back in my room.
When I finally got there, my room was filled with sun light. I wasn't surprised though. It was September 2nd after all.
Now that I think about it a bit, maybe I shouldn't have left Jasper like that. Who knows, poor boy might be feeling sad right now.
I decided to take a nap. There wasn't anything that good for me to do anyway. I was going to apologize to Jasper tomorrow anyway.