CHAPTER-20

[ONE STEP TO YOU]

                                                  Prissa was stressed as she typed on her laptop when Harry entered her cabin to submit his file. She handed him some files and offered to work together. Harry started working while sitting in front of the file cupboard. Prissa suddenly started staring at him, and when Harry noticed, he looked away nervously.

                                                 Prissa stood up suddenly and approached him. Harry, feeling nervous, moved back from his chair. Prissa came close to him, and Harry, still nervous, said, "Ms. Prissa, we are in the office." However, she didn't hear him and made herself too close to him until their eyes met.

                                                     Harry closed his eyes, and Prissa slightly moved to take a file. When Harry opened his eyes, their eyes met again as he noticed she handed him the file. Just then, the phone rang, and Prissa moved to answer it.

                 After she left, Harry relaxed and looked back at her as she spoke on the phone.

                                      .....................................................................................

                                       Harry, Momp, and Prissa were at the headquarters of Micro Malco, with Jacko also present there. Jacko looked at her angrily and stepped away, while Pilip looked at her with a smirk, which Harry noticed. Prissa entered the meeting hall, and at that moment, Momp stopped Harry and said, "Wait outside," so Harry stepped back.

[As these kinds of meetings happened three times a year, and whoever impressed him the most would become the next head.]

                                        During the meeting, the head, Roseman, was present and sat in the middle. Roseman stated, "Welcome back, everyone. I hope everyone has prepared their presentations well. I'm looking for more unique ideas." Pilip stood up and said, "Hello, Mr. Roseman. It's been a long time. My idea is simple; we have already developed each of our companies so well. I want to take our company to even greater heights." Roseman asked for clarification, and Pilip continued, "I have a good idea to build a factory in Malsa." Roseman questioned if that was the village with good crops, to which Pilip nodded, explaining that it was a profitable location due to its ample water supply. However, Prissa raise her hand by reject this idea.

                                          Roseman asked her why she didn't support the idea, and Prissa replied, "I don't want anyone to die. In that village, many farmers depend on their land for their livelihoods. If we build a factory there, as Pilip suggested, we might see more profit, but people will suffer." She elaborated on the pollution and its impact on the villagers' water source. Prissa proposed building the factory outside the country to avoid harming anyone and emphasized the importance of treating laborers well for increased productivity.

                                         Impressed by Prissa's statement, Roseman announced his decision for her to lead the execution of her idea, acknowledging its ethical and practical value.

                                         Pilip looked angrily at Prissa, while Jacko remarked, "We are now under her control, son." Pilip made a phone call in response. Prissa left for her car, and Momp instructed Harry to stay with her, as he had forgotten a file. Harry followed her.

                                            Suddenly, Prissa stopped and asked about Momp's whereabouts. Harry informed her that he had gone to retrieve a forgotten file. Just then, gunfire erupted in her car. Harry grabbed his gun and shielded her as they encountered attackers. Prissa, skilled with a gun, accurately shot at the attackers.

                                             Harry was shocked by her skills. She grabbed his hand, and they ran to hide. However, the attackers found them, and Prissa continued to eliminate them. When one person aimed at her, Harry intervened and took the bullet, protecting her.

Momp and other bodyguards arrived, and Prissa was shocked by Harry's actions.

                                             Harry was in the ICU. Prissa said to Momp, "Find out who did this ,within tonight." Momp nodded. Ranchy arrived and asked tearfully, "My Prissa, are you all right? I heard you were shot." Prissa replied, "Yes, I'm okay." Momp added, "Harry saved her life by taking a gunshot for her." Ranchy sadly remarked, "He's a good person. I'm so grateful to him for saving my sister."

                                             After his surgery, they moved Harry to a regular ward where he slept. Prissa entered the ward and sat in a chair beside him. She calmly looked at him and held his hand.

 She calmly looked at him and held his hand

NEXT IN ORDER....